Car Mounts

CVisk

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
I haven't gotten mine yet but I plan on using the Une Bobine
[Fuse]Chicken - Home

That does look pretty sweet!! I just wonder how secure the phone is when connected to it. Looks like the only support the phone would have is the micro usb connection, which would not be very strong itself. So using it in a car could be kind of iffy then with the constant movement of a car. I would love to get one if it is secure enough.

firetruck41

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
I contacted iBolt, and they said there should be a S3 charging dock on the website by midweek, to ship at end of July. I look forward to seeing what their product looks like, it could be just what I am looking for. I hope it will have audio out via the USB charging port...

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I got my phone today and it works perfectly in the Infuse mount. The only thing I noticed though was that I can't find a native car home app. I think Samsung just wants you to tell the phone what to do using S-Voice or VZ Navigator. I downloaded a great app from the Market for $1.99 though. I constantly use my phone as a GPS. No compromises on that.

VicVinegar

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
I just ordered this Bracketron Universal mount: Grip-iT Vent Mount | Bracketron. I've had very good luck with their old iPod mounting kit (iPod Docking Kit | Bracketron), but the SIII is going to be just a hair too wide for it.

Amazon had a deal on the Universal mount and a cup mount (Amazon.com: Bracketron UCH-101-BL Universal Cup-iT II Mount with Grip-iT for GPS: GPS & Navigation), so I ordered both. I figure the cup mount could come in handy for rental cars.

I was intrigued enough by the Infuse mount to order it, too, but I have a feeling I'll be returning it. I like the idea of having an integrated power plug, but I don't care for window mounts. (I sit pretty low, so they block more of the windshield than I like.)

Any update on the cup holder mount? I was looking at getting one to hold either the phone or my XM radio.

CVisk

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
I got my phone today and it works perfectly in the Infuse mount. The only thing I noticed though was that I can't find a native car home app. I think Samsung just wants you to tell the phone what to do using S-Voice or VZ Navigator. I downloaded a great app from the Market for $1.99 though. I constantly use my phone as a GPS. No compromises on that.

Which app did you find for this?

Sent from my GS3 using Tapatalk 2

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Which app did you find for this?

Sent from my GS3 using Tapatalk 2
Car Home Ultra. 30-day free trial but I already purchased it. With purchasing I can add destination locations and that's worth it to me for $1.99 ;) Great app!

So I guess I'm not the only one who can't find a car home app on the S3?

Aquila76

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
What do you guys think of this? Arkon Mobile Grip

I currently use Daily Roads on my Thunderbolt for a dashcam (lots of horrific drivers here in MA), and I read a lot of complaints of many mounts being shaky while moving. Looks like this one can be fixed with a piece of microfiber cloth if it loosens up. I'm really looking forward to the S3, but need a new mount for it as I'm currently using a Thunderbolt-specific mount.

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
What's wrong with the OEM vehicle mount? A little pricey and not quite available in US yet, but made for the S3 and should be here soon. My S2 OEM mount works great. My only complaint was I have to remove the phone from it's jacket to fit. The S3 version fixes this issue, connects, charges while still in case.

Samsung Car Mount Kit for Samsung Galaxy S3 III at MobileCityOnline.com
My only problem with it is I like to keep the dock plugged in and with this one I need to plug it into the phone every time I want to use it. The Infuse dock for ~$15 does everything I need.

jam4775

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
I would love to see the big case manufactures (like, OtterBox and Seidio) start making mounts and docks w/ USB charging plugs that work with their cases, I think they would definitely sell. It's frustrating that I cannot use any of the mounts/docks that have a USB plugs built into them because I'm using a case... and it a pain to take the case off every time I want to put it in the dock/mount.

OtterBox and Seidio... if you're listening!! Please, we want accessories that work together with you're cases! This would also draw more customers to your product because they would get accessories that work together which no one else offers.

CVisk

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
I would love to see the big case manufactures (like, OtterBox and Seidio) start making mounts and docks w/ USB charging plugs that work with their cases, I think they would definitely sell. It's frustrating that I cannot use any of the mounts/docks that have a USB plugs built into them because I'm using a case... and it a pain to take the case off every time I want to put it in the dock/mount.

OtterBox and Seidio... if you're listening!! Please, we want accessories that work together with you're cases! This would also draw more customers to your product because they would get accessories that work together which no one else offers.

I agree 100%!!! Almost everyone now a days uses cases on their phones. So why make docks that cannot be used with a case. Makes absolutely no sense!!!

B. Nasty

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site