Car Mounts

golf18

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Are there any options that have the plug built into the dock so that you do not have to plug in after putting it into the dock?
Here's what I'm using and LOVE IT! Just like my ol' Moto for the DX2... even has an AUX jack built in.
Samsung AT&T INFUSE 4G SGH-i997 Vehicle Mount (ECS-V1B7BEGSTA) - Retail Packaging - Black

]http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004WOBMIY/ref=pe_175190_21431760_M2T1_ST1_dp_1[/URL]

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Here's what I'm using and LOVE IT! Just like my ol' Moto for the DX2... even has an AUX jack built in.
Samsung AT&T INFUSE 4G SGH-i997 Vehicle Mount (ECS-V1B7BEGSTA) - Retail Packaging - Black

]http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004WOBMIY/ref=pe_175190_21431760_M2T1_ST1_dp_1[/URL]
That's what I'm using as well. As soon as I plug the phone into the dock Car Home Ultra (purchased in the market) starts right up! Love it!

kalnel#WN

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
Any update on the cup holder mount? I was looking at getting one to hold either the phone or my XM radio.

Yes, I'd give it a good review. It's lightweight and seems a little flimsy at first, but it's actually pretty solid and secure.

The vent mount puts the device in a better position in my car, so that will be my go-to, but I'm going to keep the cup mount for travel. It extends out from the vent about 3-4 inches, so it doesn't completely block the airflow, which is nice.

I think I'm going to return the Infuse car dock, though. I had hoped to mount it on my dash, sort of like the vent mount, but there's no spot for it.

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Ugh, my long post got eaten. Short post: is the Infuse car dock a good replacement for the Droid X car dock?
Yes. It just takes two hands to mount the phone because of the layout and you need to snap the connector into the phone. But it's simple enough and works fine. I'm coming from a DX as well.

Reactions: tucker973

davidsnoodles

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Oh wow, just a heads up, the dock I listed was for the wrong one. I didn't notice it until they shipped it... Hopefully if you ordered it you can cancel it...

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Oh wow, just a heads up, the dock I listed was for the wrong one. I didn't notice it until they shipped it... Hopefully if you ordered it you can cancel it...

Ha...I'm an idiot and didn't even notice if was for the Fascinate and not he Infuse. I cancelled it. Thanks for the heads up.

Going to order from AT&T I guess.

Prozak

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Yup, looks like ATT is the cheapest on the block at the moment. Ordered mine earlier today. Still not bad for 20 bucks!

I saw somewhere it was a very snug fit. Will this work with a case? My case isn't too bulky, but it's also not a "barely there"

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Srambo217

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
I just bought an iOttie mount from ebay (they're on Amazon as well) and I'm loving it. Works with any smartphone and it's really compact.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

mojoman1234

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
Mojo - Does this dock rotate at the neck to allow for landscape mode?

I believe it does. I have the S2 OEM mount and it does allow swivel. My only gripe was needing to take the case off, that goes away with this OEM S3 mount.

Do you need to remove the S3 from the case to use the Infuse mount? Looks like you do from the demo. With my S2, I find it's kind of a PITA to have to take it in and out of the case every time you get in and out of the car.

Last edited:

Poohbear

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
I just received my infuse mount. Ordered on Sunday and received today. Not bad ATT. LOL. Its a tight fit, but works nicely. I have to take off my case though, which is bit annoying. I'll probably try a slimmer case next time. The car goes into car dock mode once connected, but it doesn't have a specific car dock interface. The instructions say that samsung has a car dock interface under the app store, but nothing shows up for me. Anyone have better luck find the Samsung car dock application? If not I might go with some of the other apps out there.

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I just received my infuse mount. Ordered on Sunday and received today. Not bad ATT. LOL. Its a tight fit, but works nicely. I have to take off my case though, which is bit annoying. I'll probably try a slimmer case next time. The car goes into car dock mode once connected, but it doesn't have a specific car dock interface. The instructions say that samsung has a car dock interface under the app store, but nothing shows up for me. Anyone have better luck find the Samsung car dock application? If not I might go with some of the other apps out there.
Try Car Home Ultra. It's free to try but you have to buy it within 30 days I think. It's $1.99 and worth every penny!

Poohbear

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Try Car Home Ultra. It's free to try but you have to buy it within 30 days I think. It's $1.99 and worth every penny!

Thanks, i'm going to have to try it out. Do you know if it goes into car mode automatically or do I have to select the app. Thanks

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Is anyone using the Infuse 4G mount with the headphone jack?

I got mine yesterday and hooked it all up but I can't get sound out of the headphone jack (the one on the dock). Is this because I'm using the GSIII with the Infuse dock or is there something I might be missing? I really wanted to just put the phone in the dock and not have to hook up any wires, but right now I'm having to plugin the Aux cable to the phone's jack.

I might return it if it can't output audio from the dock's headphone jack and wait for the actual GSIII dock (I assume they'll be releasing one). Although it does work nice for holding the phone.

Thanks, i'm going to have to try it out. Do you know if it goes into car mode automatically or do I have to select the app. Thanks

I use it and it goes into car mode automatically. No need to select the app.

tucker973

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site

I just got the mount as well and downloaded the Car Home Ultra trial. When you place the phone on the dock, Car Home Ultra shows up in the 'select an app to launch' window. I haven't done it yet, but if you click 'always do this' and then click Car Home Ultra, it should start up automatically. Starting a road trip tomorrow, so I'll be checking it out heavily through the weekend.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc