Car Mounts

Hotweelz

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
I went ahead and ordered the Arkon mobile mount. Got one for me and one for my wife (she has a droid Razr) and they work great. Easy to use and the phone stays put. Works with cases too and would probably fit most any phone. I recommend this as it was only $11.99 and works well.

Tayman52

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site
I use the iottie one touch.....I've tried a few different mounts & this is my fav..... The gel that they used for the suction cup gives it crazy grip even on surfaces other than glass.....
ge3upavy.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
My Infuse dock just broke (I think). Now if power is plugged into the dock, I get a lot of static coming out of my speakers (I use the aux cable). Doesn't matter if the aux cable is plugged into the phone or the dock, or which app I'm using.

Disconnecting the power fixes it, but then my phone doesn't charge. I did plug the charger cable into the phone itself and don't get the issue. So it's not the charger or the cable from what I can tell, so it must be the dock. Guess I need a replacement.
I also use the infuse car mount. At&t has them on clearance for $5!!!

Good timing! But I can't find it on their site. Wonder if they're sold out. And it's over $20 on Amazon. That sucks.

CVisk

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
I've been trying to sell my Infuse dock on Craigslist. Samsung Vehicle Navigation Mount Never did use it has will not work with a case on the phone.

I've also been trying to find people that have used the Gripgo car mount. I want to try it, but want to see what real world users think of it.

SDQB17

Sep 9, 2012
Visit site
I have yet to read thru all these posts to see if this has been answered, but is there a car dock for the S3 that is known to work with the Otterbox Defender case? Thx for any replies

CraigsDocks

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
Hello and yes I am the only one on the planet that makes an actual "Dock" that works with this case that I know of, Plus my Docks are tiny in comparson to others, thats what you can do when you make items from quality materials, not plastic

I make "Docks" not holders or cradles, I do not use spacing inserts to make your phone fit into my Docks, those are basically proximity devices and don't fit any phone correctly
100_1599-Copy-Copy.jpg

I use them myself everyday in my own vehicle, mine cost more than a plastic holder or cradle, but if you watch how I make these in my video's you will understand why, you might not have to buy a "dock" ever again so that can cut the initial cost to almost nothing.

Notice: My Docks do Swivel as you can see

These also "Start Car Docking Mode", made from Machined 6061 High Strength Aluminum in the USA on a high precision milling machine ... these are one handed docks, you get in car, one handed it slides in and powers up, no fishing around for the chargingport , get out of car, grab phone and go simple as that.
100_1604-Copy-Copy.jpg

Smartphone Docks That Work With Cases and Extended Batteries!!!
Scroll down on home page to see the many video's, the install video is on the actual product page

The videos on my home page are with a Verizon S3 with a Otterbox Defender on it

These adjust to "exactly" fit your phone, once set its semi-permanent, meaning if you do change cases later you can then re-adjust for that

This would most likely fit many phones in the future that have a bottom port micro usb like the Samsung S3

I also make Milled aluminum "Desk Docks" for the S3 again with desk docking mode and made to "exactly" fit you phone and its a true "Dock" pictures and video's of me making these as well on site

Take a look and see what you think, I work hard on these to make them the best quality I can, these cost a little more than other's but in comparison to others for the quality, materials and the hours of work that go into each and every one of these, they are dirt cheap and Made in the USA!

These take hours to make and are of the best quality using many different materials to make the phone fit and slide properly and made to last, no plastic on my Docks

My Docks are totally different than any other Dock made, thats why I include so many video's on my pages so you can better understand how and why they work the way they do, they only take a minute or 2 to set-up initially and then your ready to go until you change cases on your phone

jakev383

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
Those docks look nice, but the defender has a tab that covers the micro port. How do you hold the tab open while sliding your phone in?

In one of the videos he shows that you have to cut the flap off. You can still use it, but it won't be part of the sleeve any longer.
Being a hobby machinist myself, I gotta say that these are nice and for the amount of work that goes into these, the price is WELL worth it. They're all metal.

ACraigL

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I bought the Infuse 4g mount to use with my new G3. I like the power, audio and dock modes. I did not care for the clip in style and suction cup mount.

I found ProClips mount for the S3 and a custom bracket for my car. I like the mount as it is a slip in style . I found it annoying to separately plug in the power ( I know minor issue )
[url]http://i719.photobucket.com/albums/ww197/bzoraster/Galaxy%20S3%20Custom%20Car%20mount/th_IMG-20120801-00048.jpg[/URL]

So.... I decided to modify the new mount and add the usb connector (the dock electronics) to the ProClips slide in mount.

Side by Side comparison :
[url]http://i719.photobucket.com/albums/ww197/bzoraster/Galaxy%20S3%20Custom%20Car%20mount/th_2mounts.jpg[/URL]

Mounting car dock to ProClips mount:
[url]http://i719.photobucket.com/albums/ww197/bzoraster/Galaxy%20S3%20Custom%20Car%20mount/th_IMG-20120801-00053.jpg[/URL]

Final fitment :
[url]http://i719.photobucket.com/albums/ww197/bzoraster/Galaxy%20S3%20Custom%20Car%20mount/th_IMG-20120801-00054.jpg[/URL]

In car mount:
[url]http://i719.photobucket.com/albums/ww197/bzoraster/Galaxy%20S3%20Custom%20Car%20mount/th_IMG-20120801-00055.jpg[/URL]

I just did this mod myself, though seems like I struggled a bit more getting it done than you did. What I didn't realize was that the 'cover' needed to be off to properly align the port mount. Once I took off the backing (again) it mounted flush the first time and is working really well. I picked up in another post to cut off a large part of the back and reattaching just the base part to properly cover the circuit board. I cut mine (super thin, so just used a ulitlity blade with a few light passes), just below the square hole on the back. The remaining part tucked under, covered the based very well, and snapped together perfectly.

Thanks for posting (and for the pictures) to know that this was possible. Much happier with this solution over the Infuse holder (too much work to get it in/out).

Cheers!

Mr.Mcgoo

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
I use Steelie and it works great, I used it on my Nexus and now my S3. Real simple just attach the piece on the phone and mount the ball mount in the car... You rotate the phone for NAV and it holds. This was originally a kick starter and now it is under another company. Showed some friends and they all have them now too.

Steelie.com it will bring you to the new link.

ellisz

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
I picked up an ibolt mount from Amazon for $10 on some promotion that was going on awhile back. I like it. It wont hold the phone with the Zerolemon 6300 MAH battery but I have an Arkon that will if needed.

truthfamilyfaith

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
I've been in search for a solid made and un intrusive car mount. I checked out those steelies and I'm wondering if they bobble when driving or do they stay put?

Like so much fonzy.

CVisk

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
I'm also considering using the Steelie products and wondering if anyone else has tried them and what your opinions are?

Sent from my GS3 using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze