Wireless Charging With a Case

thekendog

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I'm looking at cases right now but I'm wondering how wireless charging will work once it comes out. I don't want to buy a case if it isn't going to work with wireless charging. I've looked into bumper cases but I want something a little more protective. Anyone know more about this?

thekendog

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
it will be a new battery back that will have the wireless coil. IF you want you can do it now yourself using a palm set up.
and here is a thread about how it was done...similar to the S3
http://forums.androidcentral.com/ve...s-mod-palm-touchstone-no-soldering-phone.html

here is a video of how it worked on the SIII

Samsung galaxy s3 touchstone - YouTube

Yeah I've seen that. I know how its going to work. What I was asking though is if it will work with a case on the phone.

kjung7

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
I think in another forum I read that a lot of people have been using the palm touchstone with a regular tpu cases. The only problem is that the magnets get a little weaker. Also apparently it can mess up your compass calibration.

anon(77329)

Oct 27, 2010
Visit site
I think in another forum I read that a lot of people have been using the palm touchstone with a regular tpu cases. The only problem is that the magnets get a little weaker. Also apparently it can mess up your compass calibration.

To my understanding, the magnet is only in the actual touchstone. The four discs in the battery cover are just plain metal. So it shouldn't cause any interference with the compass.

Sent from my DROIDX using Android Central Forums