Interest in seeing/reading about Diztronic TPU case?

maskedcarrot

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
I also just read on another forum (gasp!) that Verizon has a glossy dark blue TPU case available for the SGS3. I'll go look into it tomorrow since the case appears to cover all the buttons, whereas the Diztronic case doesn't. But at $20 I don't think it will be worth it

I bought the Blue TPU case today at a Verizon COR store. It's a nice inexpensive case for $20 and the color goes very well with my blue GS3. It matches it almost perfectly.

I say go check it out in person. They have it in Blue, White and Purple. I think it was worth the money. Plus I didn't have to wait for it to be shipped from online.

Next I got a 3 pack of clear screen protecters at a Sprint store. Seems like Sprint was the only store selling clear. All the other stores were only selling anti-glare.

Ironic buying a Verizon case for my AT&T phone. :)

tk020507

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
A little slick, but not unbearably so.

Anyone else's case bowing out on the sides a little bit? Wondering if its just this case and I should send back for another one...

Do you mean sticking up a little on the front? If that's what you mean, I think it's intended to keep the front screen protected while putting the phone faced down. If you mean making the phone look wider, you should probably seek a replacement.

teebeezey

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
Do you mean sticking up a little on the front? If that's what you mean, I think it's intended to keep the front screen protected while putting the phone faced down. If you mean making the phone look wider, you should probably seek a replacement.

I mean making the phone look wider... Considering sending for a replacement but trying to decide if it is actually worth the hassle.

liteon163

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site
Can an owner of a Diztronic case please speak to how well protected the power and volume buttons are, specifically does the case's thickness help avoid accidental presses?

I'm not really digging the idea of having a case without covered buttons. I've had my SGS3 in a TPU case since I got it and it covers the buttons. I've gotten to like it that way. And the buttons seem really sensitive when I have the phone out to switch between cases.

Thanks

Sent from my Blue 32 Verizon SGSIII using Tapatalk 2

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I ordered the Diztronic matte black TPU case for my Pebble Blue 16gb S3, and it came in today. First impression: seems worth it for $9, but the sides don't lay completely flat against the phone... they sort of bow out slightly. If anyone has any interest in seeing pics or reading a more thorough review on it, I'd be happy to oblige.:D

I had the same issue - the left side would lie flat, while the right side bowed outward. Nothing that I would keep it for so I returned it to Amazon.

tomster2300

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
Can an owner of a Diztronic case please speak to how well protected the power and volume buttons are, specifically does the case's thickness help avoid accidental presses?

I'm not really digging the idea of having a case without covered buttons. I've had my SGS3 in a TPU case since I got it and it covers the buttons. I've gotten to like it that way. And the buttons seem really sensitive when I have the phone out to switch between cases.

Thanks

Sent from my Blue 32 Verizon SGSIII using Tapatalk 2

I bought the Diztronic black matte finish and mine isn't bowing like everyone else is stating.

The case comes out maybe a cm or two beyond the power buttons and volume rocker, so no accidental presses will occur. The case actually curves into the space for the buttons to provide the protective lip. You ought to be fine.

The case is also more slick than I was hoping it would be, although I guess I was pampered by the rubber case on my Droid X. The s III does look sharp though with the white plastic and black case.

Worlds2See

May 22, 2011
Visit site
I have my pebble blue phone in the matte black case.

I love this case. Seems like just the right form / function balance.

Fits perfectly and like having the buttons uncovered (but still protected).

Thinking of buying the blue one now. Thoughts?

muntuboy1

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
I bought a matte "clear" Diztronic case - I did like it and it was well made, but didn't "play" well with my screen protector - the case wraps around onto the screen ever so slightly that it pushed up the corner of my screen protector. it's a nice case, but it ultimately wasn't for me - I gave it to a friend and am on to a new case. For only $10, not a huge deal. love the large volume of accessory choices for this phone

Sentrix

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Got mine today and love it. I prefer the volume and lock buttons exposed.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Srambo217

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
mine bows too. i'm using the screen protector that came with it, but there are no cutouts for camera/light sensors... meh.

Can anyone elaborate on this sensor cover? Just ordered a glossy black but will cancel if it impairs my phone's functionality.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Dunbar42

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
I have the Diztronic TPU which is a really nice case. I just got a Rock case off ebay for $10. Without a lip on the bottum I find it much easier to use the home button. I have a feeling it won't protect the S3 from a drop nearly as well as the Diztronic though.

rockn.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
educationalco22