Any good hybrid silicone /plastic cases?

Forgetful

Energy hoarder
Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I know of the speck candyshell, casemate pop, incipio. But these are all 30-35$. Ya ya ya It's a 200$ phone and all but I can afford it because I don't drop 35$ on cases.:D

I love the cases with a soft silicone inside and a hard shell outside, I find they protect the best.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

drmaf894c

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
Speck candyshell and otterbox commuter are two good ones. I live my speck for my Droid Incredible. I will probably get one for my s3 once they are more available.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Android Central Forums

Bbeelzebub

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
I'm jonesing for a Speck, but they seem to not have dark grey on their website right now.

I'll wait until my phone arrives and then swing into AT&T and see if they have them in store. I'm pretty sure Verizon doesn't carry them.

VicVinegar

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
Incipio is $17 on Amazon. Personally I'd like it better if it covered around the lens/flash like the Otterbox and some others do. Just seems like a big gap for when you are buying a case for protection.
http://www.amazon.com/Incipio-SA-30...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU1936024

I saw a favorable review of this one too. If I didn't need Prime shipping at this point, I'd order it for when my phone finally gets here.
Amazon.com: Acase Samsung Galaxy S3 Case - Superleggera PRO Dual Layer Protection (Black/Black) (Fits AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile and Verizon): Electronics

Forgetful

Energy hoarder
Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Don't get the Acase. I bought one 1.5 weeks ago and they just on Wednesday told me there was a problem with the manufacturer and they had no ETA on the case.

Tampaguy75

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
In anticipation of my phone's arrival, I ordered a couple of cases -- one was a TPU case (from Fosmon) and the other was a "Rock S3 Quicksand series" case. I first tried the TPU case, and the issue I noticed right away is that it interfered a little with hitting the home button on the phone. The Rock case does not have a bottom "lip" that run around the base of the phone, so there is no interference with the case. Even though the TPU case probably offers better protection, I don't like having to fumble with the home screen, so I decided to keep the Rock case on it. (The Rock case looks really good, too.)

Fosmon TPU Case:

Amazon.com: Fosmon S-Shape Flexible TPU Gel Case for the Samsung Galaxy S3 S III - Black: Cell Phones & Accessories

Quicksand Case:
Amazon.com: Quicksand Slim Hard Case for Samsung Galaxy S3 i9300 - Grey Gray - USA Seller (July Promo - Buy 1 Get 1 Free): Cell Phones & Accessories

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Incipio is $17 on Amazon. Personally I'd like it better if it covered around the lens/flash like the Otterbox and some others do. Just seems like a big gap for when you are buying a case for protection.
Amazon.com: Incipio SA-302 Silicrylic Hard Shell Case with Silicone Core for Samsung Galaxy S III - 1 Pack - Retail Packaging - Black/Black: Electronics

I saw a favorable review of this one too. If I didn't need Prime shipping at this point, I'd order it for when my phone finally gets here.
Amazon.com: Acase Samsung Galaxy S3 Case - Superleggera PRO Dual Layer Protection (Black/Black) (Fits AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile and Verizon): Electronics

Don't get the Acase. I bought one 1.5 weeks ago and they just on Wednesday told me there was a problem with the manufacturer and they had no ETA on the case.

I just got mine today and I'm VERY VERY IMPRESSED with this case!! It is slightly thicker than my Diztronic but with the protection that I was looking for. GREAT CASE!!

201207101132381.jpg

201207101133131.jpg

201207101134241.jpg

201207101134481.jpg

Reactions: Forgetful

Malathan

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
How much thicker does the acase dual layer make the phone? Concerned with both a good case for drops, but also don't want to add much thickness or bulk.

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
How much thicker does the acase dual layer make the phone? Concerned with both a good case for drops, but also don't want to add much thickness or bulk.

To me, it didn't add much thickness as I thought it would. I was pleasantly surprised by that! I'll take a picture of it next to my Diztronic case so you can get a better perspective later when I get home.

Reactions: Malathan

glassygurl

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
I really liked casemate cases when I had my iPhone 4. They had so much varieties and very cute ones. I wish they had that much variety for Samsung Galaxy S3 but they dont... I wish they had the cupcake and lollipop cases for S3. Anyone recommend any company with cute/ quirky S3 cases? I don't need mine to be bulky or very sturdy because I don't drop my phone throw it everywhere.. it's usually for scratches and minor bumps. I find that otterbox is too bulky for my taste.

Forgetful

Energy hoarder
Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I really liked casemate cases when I had my iPhone 4. They had so much varieties and very cute ones. I wish they had that much variety for Samsung Galaxy S3 but they dont... I wish they had the cupcake and lollipop cases for S3. Anyone recommend any company with cute/ quirky S3 cases? I don't need mine to be bulky or very sturdy because I don't drop my phone throw it everywhere.. it's usually for scratches and minor bumps. I find that otterbox is too bulky for my taste.

ebay..

Just check the US sellers only button if you don't want to wait.

iLLusive

Vzw Staff
May 11, 2010
Visit site

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I know of the speck candyshell, casemate pop, incipio. But these are all 30-35$. Ya ya ya It's a 200$ phone and all but I can afford it because I don't drop 35$ on cases.:D

I love the cases with a soft silicone inside and a hard shell outside, I find they protect the best.

Fyi, i paid less than $30 for my case mate pop, as discussed in the kickstand cases thread.

Feldhege

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
I bought the seidio Active case (with kickstand) and I really like it. Doesn't appear to make the phone too much bigger and offers good protection. I also purchased it in the combo with the holster. Total I found it on sale for was around $40. A little more then you are looking for but if you just get the case, it should be much cheaper. I had the original one for my HTC Incredible and it lasted over two years of heavy outdoor abuse.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20