so umm...how the heck do you take off this case?

eharty

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
I have the same case and I tried to remove it yesterday. It took about 15 minutes to get the damn thing off! If you can't get the sections apart I suggest you let Best Buy remove it.

I have another case ordered.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

malikshuman

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
On the bottom half of the case push down where the pieces connect and pull them apart

Sent from my EVO LTE using Android Central Forums

eharty

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
On the bottom half of the case push down where the pieces connect and pull them apart

Sent from my EVO LTE using Android Central Forums

That's how it should work but the case I have stays together like it's glued!

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Yep, I "tested" one in the store - well, the Best Buy rep offered. But he couldn't get it back off without a lot of force. Not for me.

soccerdude2014

Jun 23, 2012
Visit site
That's how it should work but the case I have stays together like it's glued!

Same with mine... wow... not even my dad could take it off...haha

Yep, I "tested" one in the store - well, the Best Buy rep offered. But he couldn't get it back off without a lot of force. Not for me.

Haha wow... did you see what technique he used??

panerai7

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
That's the first case I got.
Ended up spreading the sides that hug the screen to slide the case off.
Definitely a case to never take off for any reason.
I returned mine to BB.

jaebberwock

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
Wow, this is basically the Seidio Surface right with the extra protection right?

I have one and it isn't really that hard to take it off. There is a little bump on the bottom half of the case. The corresponding hole for the little bump/latch is on the upper half of the case. To have the 2 disengage, grip the lower half of the case with your dominant hand and press down firmly with your index finger on the area with the triangle.

Next, with your other hand, firmly squeeze the sides of the upper half of the case near the middle of the case while simultaneously pulling up on the upper half then proceed to pull the two sides apart as well.

I can get it off in one second, very consistently.

soccerdude2014

Jun 23, 2012
Visit site
Wow, this is basically the Seidio Surface right with the extra protection right?

I have one and it isn't really that hard to take it off. There is a little bump on the bottom half of the case. The corresponding hole for the little bump/latch is on the upper half of the case. To have the 2 disengage, grip the lower half of the case with your dominant hand and press down firmly with your index finger on the area with the triangle.

Next, with your other hand, firmly squeeze the sides of the upper half of the case near the middle of the case while simultaneously pulling up on the upper half then proceed to pull the two sides apart as well.

I can get it off in one second, very consistently.

this case is a bit different tho... its glued stuck. ahhhh.

AtoGT

May 23, 2011
Visit site
The Seidio Surface, which is the same case is actually pretty easy to to remove if you know how. Grip one hand on each side of the seam, face the phone horizontally and push down on the seam like you are snapping a twig, the bottom should pop out slightly and then it will pull apart pretty easily. You may have to repeat the other side when the phone is due.

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Hahaha. I have this case also. I must say I like it. The first t time I tried to take it off I was paranoid. Couldn't get it off for . After the first try I put it back on to see if I could get it again. I got it after a little elbow grease. Keep doing it. Now it comes off easily. It just needs to be broken in. Good protection though. Sexy too :p

soccerdude2014

Jun 23, 2012
Visit site
Hahaha. I have this case also. I must say I like it. The first t time I tried to take it off I was paranoid. Couldn't get it off for . After the first try I put it back on to see if I could get it again. I got it after a little elbow grease. Keep doing it. Now it comes off easily. It just needs to be broken in. Good protection though. Sexy too :p

Haha, I'm returning it to best buy anyway. It cost $35. Kind of a ripoff when there's better cases for a lower price.

Damitux

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
When I was returning mine to BB I told the sales accociate I had to use an old credit card
jammed between the two peices in the back to get it off. There is no delicate way so
it was scratched. Funny, she said that so many people are returning these that they
will probably stop selling them.

soccerdude2014

Jun 23, 2012
Visit site
When I was returning mine to BB I told the sales accociate I had to use an old credit card
jammed between the two peices in the back to get it off. There is no delicate way so
it was scratched. Funny, she said that so many people are returning these that they
will probably stop selling them.

Haha really? thats crazy. Just a quick question. Can you return this without the original packaging?

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Haha, I'm returning it to best buy anyway. It cost $35. Kind of a ripoff when there's better cases for a lower price.

Currently in the bathroom. Was about to turn the water on when bam! I dropped my gs3 on to the edge of the bathtub.it made a huge sound. Thought my baby was gone. Looked at the phone. It was perfect! I love this case. No screen protector either. Case took all the damage. Not one scratch. Came here immediately. It's worth the $35 :D

mak916

May 17, 2010
Visit site
When I read the title of this thread I knew right away which case you were talking about. lol. I do not have one for my GS3 but have had many of the Best Buy Seidio cases in the past. I can tell you this that they are a pain to get off for the first four or five times, then after that they come right off. They are good cases. You just have to work them a little. Best thing to do is when you first get the case to keep taking it off and putting it on until it becomes easy. Use the method AtoGT mentioned. It will work.