what kind of case are you all using?

Bond32

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Commuter is nice, but I think I actually like the defender better. When I first had the defender it was more thin than I thought. The commuter is great, just think I would prefer the defender.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Murphy5111

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
On my third flip cover case. For some reason the backing just doesn't want to stay glued down.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Bond32

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
So got my defender in. Installed it right over top of my SPG ultra nano screen protector. Works perfect, no gap between the OB screen protector and the phone now. No oil spots either. Now if I decide to use a different case I still have the screen protector on.

Defender case is amazing. Much better than the commuter in my opinion. Much improved (minus the screen protector) over previous defender series for other phones.

Gamer_Radar

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
platinum black.. protects the phone. keeps it nice and slim with a belt clip! and best of all a invisishield!! ugh makes the phone feel right and protects it without sacrafacing the look!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

MatrixMan

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
I had the Incipio dual layer for months, it was nice but I felt that a good drop would kill the phone. Had the Defender on the phone for 8-9 days. It's rugged and the the rubber outer layer is better than precious models. BUT I do NOT like 1) the holster - it's noisy, flimsy, and loose; 2) the hard inner case really interferes when typing and hitting the menu and back buttons.

I wish I had gotten the Sedio Active, though it's not perfect either.

Bond32

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
I had the Incipio dual layer for months, it was nice but I felt that a good drop would kill the phone. Had the Defender on the phone for 8-9 days. It's rugged and the the rubber outer layer is better than precious models. BUT I do NOT like 1) the holster - it's noisy, flimsy, and loose; 2) the hard inner case really interferes when typing and hitting the menu and back buttons.

I wish I had gotten the Sedio Active, though it's not perfect either.

Interesting. When I first bought the defender the holster did that too. This one that I ordered from amazon, Green one, doesn't do that at all. Holster is much better. As for the screen, you could do what I did if you like the defender case like I do. Get the spigen ultra nano screen protector and put that on the phone before installing the case. It takes care of the gap between the otterbox and the screen.

MatrixMan

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the update on the holster, maybe I should call OB.

It's not the gap that bothers me, though I am thinking about cutting out the SP. It's the lip from the case itself; the hard plastic part that comes right to the edge of the keyboard.

Nothing that can be done about another issue I have. I feel like such a tool with the Defender in the holster clipped to my belt... Lol. A friend said yesterday that it was as big as her first phone 10+ years ago. I had to laugh.

Last edited:

Bond32

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
I've been considering ordering a bumper, either tpu or aluminum. I realize metal bimpers/cases reduce signal.

sciman111

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
Otterbox Commuter in white and gray. It fits nice and doesn't add to much bulk and offers more than enough protection for my needs. The buttons can be a little hard to line up at first but one you get the rubber part adjusted they work fine.

heatherrunkel

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
I use the white and gray commuter otterbox case. It's durable and the case is surprisingly resistant to dirt and/or marks. I actually got a large amount of black sharpie ink on the back a few days ago and, fortunately, it all came right off. The same goes for any other stray marks that have appeared. It's protective without being too bulky and has a nice grip. The white looks good on the white s3.

Sent from my Galaxy S III

cynbad#AC

Dec 25, 2009
Visit site
I use the white and gray commuter otterbox case. It's durable and the case is surprisingly resistant to dirt and/or marks. I actually got a large amount of black sharpie ink on the back a few days ago and, fortunately, it all came right off. The same goes for any other stray marks that have appeared. It's protective without being too bulky and has a nice grip. The white looks good on the white s3.

Sent from my Galaxy S III

Hello, I recently bought this case. The side buttons are ridiculously hard to press. Do you find yours that way also?

Sent from my SCH-I535

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney