RedMere HDMI Cable from Monoprice - Thumb's Up

Suntan

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
While not a specific GSIII accessory, I wanted to give a head's up for anyone wanting to outfit themselves with a really small, mobile entertainment solution.

I bought this RedMere based HDMI cable from Monoprce the other day, received it today, and tested to confirm that it works well with the GSIII and MHL adaptor. It does.

For only $14.23 each when QTY 50+ purchased - 6ft Ultra Slim Series High Performance HDMI? Cable w/ RedMere? Technology | Ultra Slim Series High Performance HDMI? Cable w/ RedMere? Technology

At $16, it's kinda spendy for just a 6' HDMI cable. But if you're a road warrior looking for a nice, compact cable; it fits the bill nicely. It can be stuffed into any of the small side pockets on an overnight bag, or even stuffed into your pants pocket.

Here are a couple of quick pictures for reference.

- A picture of the RedMere cable connected to the GSIII MHL adaptor with a "regular" HDMI cable next to it for reference.

20120910_212026.jpg

- A closeup of the connectors; including the Samsung micro USB cable, Monoprice HDMI cable and a "regular" HDMI cable.

20120910_212459.jpg

- Overall size of Samsung micro USB cable and RedMere based Monoprice cable.

20120910_212709.jpg

Anyway, I just wanted to let people know that the phone and MHL adaptor works fine with RedMere based video cables.

-Suntan