mlh to hdmi

Honda8781

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Had anyone bought the mlh to hdmi adapter for the s3 . I'm just curious what the picture quality is and if you can do all the things you would do on ur phone but on the tv

Suntan

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I have the Samsung MHL connector for the GSIII.

It pretty much mirrors the display, however there is a bit of overscan and you can't adjust it out (like you can on some Moto phones.) When you first plug in it will pop up a notification asking you if you want to enable stereo or multi channel audio output.

Picture quality is decent. If you play a game or watch a *high bitrate/high quality* encoding, it will look good.

Last thing to mention, some TVs seem to cause some formatting troubles. At one hotel, I could not get it to properly format to 16:9 (had black bars on each side.) Yet on others, it will format just fine. The last hotel I stayed at had a nice 50" Toshiba. She synced right up and displayed at 1080p with no problems. Made the stay very nice.

Finally, have a look at this thread I did up a while back, makes for a great little road-warrior multi media package.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/ve...4-redmere-hdmi-cable-monoprice-thumbs-up.html

-Suntan

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catherinediane