Galaxy S3 won't connect via USB to my computer

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
My s3 won't connect via USB to my computer :( , when i connect my s3 with pc it's charging. Can someone help me? I have android 4.3.

Welcome to the forums.
Have you tried downloading and installing updated drivers for your PC? You can find them at Samsung's site.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
It sounds like you're using a 'charge only' cable. The original cable that came with your S3 should have a label that mentions Backup Assistant Plus, and that cable should work.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

Flashvetrin

Jun 11, 2014
Visit site
Try another cable for sure also try another usb port. Also look in the device manager to see the drivers are in fact installed.
Also make surr usb debugging is checked on your phone..☺

Sent from my MARCUS! using Tapatalk

barbarajb

Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
Many thanks, GDSer. I have spent an hour this afternoon trying to work out why my Galaxy S3 mini would not upload photos to PC. Tried via Kies and Picasa, updating drivers etc, Samsung help site. Then found your suggestion re the cable. This was the answer. Why, oh why doesn't this simple check appear in troubleshooting info! Maybe most other people know that there are different cable types, but I didn't!!

SGBCleveland

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site
I have the same problem. Have tried latest drivers, but I can't get the computer to recognize my phone. Tried calling Samsung and T-Mobile. No luck. Seems to be either an issue with not recognizing an MTP device or no hardware ID.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to the forums!
Have tried latest drivers, but I can't get the computer to recognize my phone.
Since the phone is recognized on your laptop and other desktop it's pretty clear that it's a driver installation issue on this particular computer. And frankly Windows driver complications are way out of the scope of this forum - there are too many things that can go wrong; too many different solutions, to spend in this back-and-forth Q&A mode. Sorry, you need to get a friend that's a computer geek to help you directly. In the meantime use one of the computers that does work.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

denniscrowley

Nov 13, 2014
Visit site
The Note 3 is just half a smart phone. They should reduce the price by 50% since it cannot be used for anything other then a phone and camera. I wanted to use it to replace my iPod as a MP3 player so I could use the Bluetooth to play music in my car and through my Bluetooth speakers.

But there isn't anyway to upload music to the phone! It shows I have an SD card mounted but there isn't anyway to connect to the card.

Phone is a 50% waste of money. I am going to switch carriers and get an iPhone. Enough of these Android "candy" operating systems that are sour not sweet.

:(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci