Google Now?

VicVinegar

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
I read that Google Now from Jelly Bean has been ported to ICS. The following links explains how to load it up:

Port Google Now To Your Ice Cream Sandwich Android Phone

As someone clueless about Android, can anyone say if we'll be able to do this on a rooted S3? Or is there something the S3 doesn't have or is blocked that allows others to use it but not us? I won't be trying to use this immediately, but Google Now is something that immediately caught my attention when JB was announced. Seeing we probably won't get real JB or a JB ROM for a while, this would be a nice thing to be able to do.

redstar427

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
First, this is only the Google Now text search and result card.
Voice search does not work.
While Samsung has stated JB will be released for the s3 in a few months, I think a custom JB rom will be much sooner as the dev community is building up fast for this very purpose.

Reactions: sicario666

VicVinegar

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
First, this is only the Google Now text search and result card.
Voice search does not work.
While Samsung has stated JB will be released for the s3 in a few months, I think a custom JB rom will be much sooner as the dev community is building up fast for this very purpose.

I didn't know the voice wasn't working. Never mind then. I really was interested in the voice control.

Xanth269

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I didn't know the voice wasn't working. Never mind then. I really was interested in the voice control.

Have my vzw gnx with custom jb Rom and loving it, Google now a fun toy and it seems to work well. hope a dev gets a Rom to work on your phone soon.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

tmar23

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
There is a second modded voice search app in Google play that works great with Google now for the Verizon s3. I have it installed and it works pretty well.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Dec 20, 2009
Visit site
I'm using Google Now from XDA. But, cards don't load and it drains my battery. Voice Search does seem to work fine.

Edit: The cards seem to work with wifi only, but voice search works with or without wifi. Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

Last edited:

Xterror

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
I loaded Google Now from XDA to my ICS VZW Gnex and voice works fine. Don't know about battery since I just installed it, I have bad battery life anyway. I was looking in this S3 forum to see how many people have tried it and if it worked before I tell my friends who have VZW S3 to try it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante