[Guide] Root/Unroot/Recovery/Unlock Bootloader for the Verizon Galaxy S3 (SCH-i535)

Srambo217

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
Re: [Guide] Root & Recovery for the Verizon Galaxy S3 (SCH-i535)

I can confirm debugfs root tool works on the latest VRLHE OTA from Verizon, in case anyone was curious.

kapsiakchris

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Re: [Guide] Root/Recovery/Unlock Bootloader for the Verizon Galaxy S3 (SCH-i535)

I would like to root my galaxy s3 is it safe seeing that I just received the ota update

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Re: [Guide] Root/Recovery/Unlock Bootloader for the Verizon Galaxy S3 (SCH-i535)

I would like to root my galaxy s3 is it safe seeing that I just received the ota update

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
Yes, I updated this guide after the latest OTA.. all methods will work.

bonebrightd

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site

Hey guys,

I'm freaking out a little bit.

I'm on the VRLHE software and used the Casual tool to root, unlock my bootloader and install CWR.

Everything went smoothly, but now I'm not receiving text messages. I haven't flashed any custom roms, I'm just sitting on stock TouchWiz (rooted and unlocked).

Any thoughts or advice would really be appreciated!

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site

Hey guys,

I'm freaking out a little bit.

I'm on the VRLHE software and used the Casual tool to root, unlock my bootloader and install CWR.

Everything went smoothly, but now I'm not receiving text messages. I haven't flashed any custom roms, I'm just sitting on stock TouchWiz (rooted and unlocked).

Any thoughts or advice would really be appreciated!
It shouldn't mess with text messages at all unless you lost your IMEI # but that would be from flashing ROMs and you would have no service whatsoever. You're able to receive calls and emails correct? Try rebooting your phone and double check your sms/text settings.. maybe you accidentally disabled something.. Or it could just be the network was having issues from the storm. Are you still having this problem?

bonebrightd

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site

It shouldn't mess with text messages at all unless you lost your IMEI # but that would be from flashing ROMs and you would have no service whatsoever. You're able to receive calls and emails correct? Try rebooting your phone and double check your sms/text settings.. maybe you accidentally disabled something.. Or it could just be the network was having issues from the storm. Are you still having this problem?

Thanks for the reply. I was able to receive calls and email, and other people were able to receive my text messages, but I wasn't able to receive any texts. I rebooted a few times and even did a battery pull, but nothing solved it.

I ended up flashing AOKP M1 and everything worked fine. The only thing I can think of that I could have messed up was deleting the recovery.img (CWM) and unsecured aboot.img once I had booted up into stock, rooted, unlocked. Would that have any effect?

It may not be a big deal as I could just flash a custom TW rom now, but I'm worried texts won't work if I ever had to nandroid back to stock, rooted, unlocked.

Any thoughts?

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site

Thanks for the reply. I was able to receive calls and email, and other people were able to receive my text messages, but I wasn't able to receive any texts. I rebooted a few times and even did a battery pull, but nothing solved it.

I ended up flashing AOKP M1 and everything worked fine. The only thing I can think of that I could have messed up was deleting the recovery.img (CWM) and unsecured aboot.img once I had booted up into stock, rooted, unlocked. Would that have any effect?

It may not be a big deal as I could just flash a custom TW rom now, but I'm worried texts won't work if I ever had to nandroid back to stock, rooted, unlocked.

Any thoughts?

No thats fine also.. you can delete those files once you're finished using them... strange. I'll keep an eye out if I notice any others who had a similar problem and report back if I hear anything.

mechanicboy

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site

After step 4 the phone won't let me enter download mode. The screen pops up then it reboots. I did notice that when starting up the first display says Samsung on on the bottom it has a picture of an unlocked lock.

papa54

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Re: [Guide] Root & Recovery for the Verizon Galaxy S3 (SCH-i53

i was rooted by had no CWM.. i can use "odin" if need to

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site

I have a question regarding the CWM version. I am thinking about tossing CM on my phone but I was not sure what version of CWM is the best to use. I currently have 6.0.1.2 (from ROM Manager) but I also have EZ-Recovery installed. Should I flash back to 6.0.1.0? Or is 6.0.1.2 better? Also, is ROM Manager an easy and reliable choice for flashing CM 10? I used it back when I had my Thunderbolt and it worked like a charm but not sure if it is the best choice for the Galaxy.

P.S. I forgot to mention that I rooted/unlocked bootloader with method 2.

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site

I'd say the latest version would most likely be better but as long as it works then thats all that matters so 6.0.1.0 or 6.0.1.2 should be fine. You can use ROM Manager but only use it to boot into ClockWorkMod Recovery.. dont use ROM Manager to download ROMs and install them. Get the downloads from the developers sites like XDA or Rootzwiki and follow their instructions.

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site

What guide do you recommend to follow for flashing CM? I see your running CleanROM so you probably do not have a preference, but its worth an ask.

Thanks once again Cyber Warrior.

Lareya

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site

I have the message system softwar not authorized by verizon wireless has ben found on your phone....
I am doing the ODIN thing, and it just gives me this info
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> COMBINATION_I535VRALG1_I535VZWALG1_743127_REV09_user_low_ship.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 0)

I am using the info in the begining of this thread. Do I wait... or should I try something else? I can't get into the WRTP because of the message on my phone.

any help appreciated!

Lareya
Verizon galaxy S3 - rooted but not locked :-( - was trying to put the cleanrom on and got this system message as stated above.

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site

I have the message system softwar not authorized by verizon wireless has ben found on your phone....
I am doing the ODIN thing, and it just gives me this info
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> COMBINATION_I535VRALG1_I535VZWALG1_743127_REV09_user_low_ship.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..

I am using the info in the begining of this thread. Do I wait... or should I try something else? I can't get into the WRTP because of the message on my phone.

any help appreciated!

Lareya
Verizon galaxy S3 - rooted but not locked :-( - was trying to put the cleanrom on and got this system message as stated above.

What Method are you using... 3? .....and which step # are you stuck on?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sem173