[Guide] Root/Unroot/Recovery/Unlock Bootloader for the Verizon Galaxy S3 (SCH-i535)

biker687

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
i forgot to enable usb debugging and now when i boot up my phone it says system software not authorized by verizon wireless. It also doesn't boot up past that. Is there any way to fix this.

sam008

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Re: [Guide] Root & Recovery for the Verizon Galaxy S III (SCH-i53

Guys
I think I messed up a little. While trying to root, I followed instructions on another thread which told me to use Odin and simply use PDA setting to upload this file - stock.vzw_root66
Now, the phone boots up but is stuck with the blue LED and the colorful circles constantly showing but doesn't move ahead from there

What's the best way to get out of this? Should I simply follow method 3 from scratch?

Thanks

php111

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
I have Verizon, and I ordered the Samsung Galaxy S3, and I should receive it this week. I currently have the iPhone 4 with the jailbreak running Cydia. I never rooted an android phone before. What would be the best successful instructions and method to root the S3? I also have a Windows desktop PC.

Thank you,

php111

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
I could confirm that it's going to be delivered this Wednesday. I'm looking for experts (gurus) who knows about the S3 phones, and knows rooting inside out to be able to assist with my questions. I understand that none might be available now, so I'll be patient until someone is available.

Thank you again!

EDIT: Would this video be fine too follow? It's on YouTube, and here is the link: How To Root Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3 4.1.1 & Install CWM Recovery! SCH-I535 - YouTube

Last edited:

papa54

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Re: [Guide] Root & Recovery for the Verizon Galaxy S3 (SCH-i53

maybe this is not the right spot but i've been 5 hours trying to get my GS3 working. i can not get past the warning msg and that dumb triangle with the "!" within.. i was just floating along trying roms and i saw somewhere a question saying "do you wanna go back to stock " so i locked the boot loader as that was the way it came to me.. i think VZW locks all their phones... at any rate now i am hung up i can pull the battery and try the 3 finger CWM and i get something in blue thenn i move finger off of power button and there comes that screen that wont let me go anywhere at all... am I bricked period or is there still hope... i'm ready for anything about now.. thought about tossin the damn thing over the bluff but theres to much money in it.. and the contract cost would eat me alive.. if theres help please help me..... I will appreciate it and vow never to lock my bootloader again... thx for any help..... tired now.. 4 am here,,, sub is a done deal so i can see updated post..

papa54

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Re: [Guide] Root & Recovery for the Verizon Galaxy S III (SCH-i535)

Ok, so I used this a few weeks ago and everything has been running great but I can't figure out HOW to remove CWM. Searching google just gets me a ton of stuff on how to install it. If I use the stock image, will it erase it correctly? I forgot about it yesterday and tried to do the update which ended up failing and sending me to cwm recovery. I want to do the update and see if it improves my wifi or 4g performance before rooting again.

try this it came to me directly from VZW tech >Tech Geek • Restore your Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3 to Stock it will take ya all the way back.. keep it as it will alsoget you nto a recovery if ya brick the phone.. how do i know .. i bricked mine.. good luck >>follow directions exactly<< 20 minutes tops operation.

papa54

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Re: [Guide] Root & Recovery for the Verizon Galaxy S3 (SCH-i535)

Did you ever unlock the bootloader? I wonder if that's what is affecting you not being able to get into download mode. Normally accepting on OTA on a rooted device will just cause you to lose root... but with the unlocked bootloader (if yours is) may have screwed something up when you received the OTA.

I'm puzzled as to what's causing you not to be able to boot into ODIN. I'll see if I can dig up any info on not being able to boot into download mode but as I mentioned.. It seems rare as I couldn't search for anyone with that same issue.. normally people have issues not being able to boot into recovery... but I'll take another look to see if I can find a solution. I would use that one click program that I linked for rooting and unlocking the bootloader.. hopefully re flashing the files will fix whatever got screwed up.

I know it sucks to do.. but have you tried factory resetting the phone?

I spent 12 hours reading etc trying this n that to get outta a brick.. but i'm back up running and have the OTA upgrades to 4.1.2. try here it worked for me.
><

Tech Geek • Restore your Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3 to Stock

20 minutes max

Last edited:

papa54

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site

ok now that i have spent hours fixing something because the info was in wrong order I ended up locking my bootloader which bricked my phone GS3..
i have 4.1.2 where can i find a rooting system that is up to date with the newest GS3 4.1.2.

Nicholi2789

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site

Has no one figured out a way to root the SCH-i535 on 4.1.2 using Mac yet? I've searched everywhere and the only methods I've found only work on ICS. Someone, somewhere must have figured it out by now. If anybody has any tips post them please!!

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site

Has no one figured out a way to root the SCH-i535 on 4.1.2 using Mac yet? I've searched everywhere and the only methods I've found only work on ICS. Someone, somewhere must have figured it out by now. If anybody has any tips post them please!!
Check out my suggestions here in response to your questions above... http://forums.androidcentral.com/ve...2497-worth-rooting-installing-cm-4-2-2-a.html

scubamike

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
The last two pages have been descriptions of rooting woes. My dad's S3 should be arriving in the mail soon. I'd like to get him on AOKP's MR1 build 6 right away. Just to be clear, do the methods in the first post, #2 specifically, achieve root in the latest firmware? I've got a lot of experience rooting and flashing Motorolas, Samsungs, ereaders, tablets, etc. I'm no expert by any means. I just read... A LOT of what the real experts write. If these methods are still relevant, then I'll make them work. Thanks in advance.

Nicholi2789

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site

Hi_Tech_Redneck

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Last edited:

Nicholi2789

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for this, worked great, fast and easy!

No problem. That was definetely the easiest guide I found to follow. Fully unlocked, rooted, and with custom recovery. What more could you ask for besides a good Rom to flash? I wish he had a donate button.

sent from my Galaxy S3 on beans 14 via tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae