Verizon S3: Simple Root Program. NO ODIN required

Srambo217

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
Used this last night (saw it on XDA). Worked great. Highly recommend this method!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Ricky Babalu

BEACH BUM
Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Re: Simple Root Program. NO ODIN required

Have been following the XDA thread for a couple of days. Even easier than the previous methods, hope to try it out in the next few days. I like the fact that this method keeps the stock rom.

:D

Last edited:

Unfranchise33

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I don't want to flash roms, just root. So, what happens if (when) verizon pushes out the next update? Will it lose root? Or, is there an easy way to un-root? Sorry for the Nube root question :)

Srambo217

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
I don't want to flash roms, just root. So, what happens if (when) verizon pushes out the next update? Will it lose root? Or, is there an easy way to un-root? Sorry for the Nube root question :)

Yes, it's addressed in the OP link. You have to do it manually at the moment but it's nothing intense. Read the official thread.

Srambo217

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
So I can't flash a rom doing it this way?

Yes you can. Since you're new to flashing I strongly suggest you simply buy ROM Manager from the Play Store after rooting your device because that will easily download/flash the custom recovery needed to flash a ROM.

BostonBeats88

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site

Used this method last night. Worked like a charm!

Happily rooted with Clockwork installed & Wifi Toggle.

oper8or

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site

Not sure why, but it will not work on mine. Something about adb not being valid or something.

markhallyo

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
I didn't push a recovery to my phone via adb when I rooted using the tool on XDA but I installed ROM Manager right after I rooted and used it to "flash CWM" but that seemed too easy. Does that method work 100%? I was able to boot into recovery but I've just always done it manually in the past and this seemed almost too easy. Am I good to go or what?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

mdebone

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
How do you unroot from this type of root? Will I be able to update to the next ota? Or is the odin way of root easier and safer to unroot?

DeadlyAngel69

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
root samsung prevail but not with odin is it possible?

Hi im in desperate need of help I use my phone on a 24/7 basis I cant download the apps I need for me and so I baught a 32GB SD and well I cant store nothing on it.... I need to root my phone but I truly cant afford $25, I have 3 kids on my own to take care of and and for certin health problems with my kids I need something dependable and faster please help....................... I hope someone cant help....

InkedAdrenaline

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Rooting is free... Just download the link in op extract to desktop. Plug phone in, let it install drivers(does this auto) open program, and select 1 and enter for root and let it do its thing....

Tapatalk'd / Rooted Galaxy S3