Verizon S3: Simple Root Program. NO ODIN required

DeadlyAngel69

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Re: Simple Root Program. NO ODIN required

Ok Im sorry but non of it makes since Ive been trying to download the root thing from my cell and it says I have to pay. I apprechaite all the feed back but I need someone to explane it easier. like do I hook my cell to the pc and what do I do

InkedAdrenaline

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
The link in the first post you have to download on a computer.

Then you would follow my previous instructions. I don't believe you can do it all on your phone, but in not 100%. I did mine on the computer and it works fine. No money requested.

Tapatalk'd / Rooted Galaxy S3

DeadlyAngel69

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site

my phone is pluged in and nothing poped up except to download all my media stuff on the pc....
so what is the web site i type and what to click on

Ricky Babalu

BEACH BUM
Aug 30, 2010
Visit site

I would suggest that you take the time to read, read, read, then read some more, then reread before you attempt to root your phone. Everything you need is in the post (step by step instructions). This is as easy as it gets, I would encourage you to REAAAAAAAAAAAD.

Why do you need to root?

DeadlyAngel69

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site

cause I need room on my cell for work related apps and I have to do a lot of research on my sons ill ness. Im very sorry just tired and have never even herd of root till being on here asking bout up dateing and makeing more room on my phone

PTLorenz

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
For what it's worth, I'd recommend sticking with the recommended method. Also, get Titanium Backup Pro (well worth the couple of bucks for the full build).

Rooted SGH-T999

PJnc284

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site

cause I need room on my cell for work related apps and I have to do a lot of research on my sons ill ness. Im very sorry just tired and have never even herd of root till being on here asking bout up dateing and makeing more room on my phone

Maybe I'm just confused. Rooting isn't really going to give you anymore room or make it faster/more reliable over stock. Did you get the 16 or 32GB version? Also do you have an sdcard? You can already save any files, pictures, etc to the external sd card.

acmorris

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Re: root samsung prevail but not with odin is it possible?

Hi im in desperate need of help I use my phone on a 24/7 basis I cant download the apps I need for me and so I baught a 32GB SD and well I cant store nothing on it.... I need to root my phone but I truly cant afford $25, I have 3 kids on my own to take care of and and for certin health problems with my kids I need something dependable and faster please help....................... I hope someone cant help....

Problem here is she asking asking for root on Samsung Prevail and not the sIII. These instructions to simple root is set up for the Verizon S3.

Maybe if things are really bad for her as she claims , we as a community could do a fundraiser and gather some funds together and get her additional memory cards for her phone.

DeadlyAngel69

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site

I finally got my pc to connect with my phone I have a 32gb sd but I cant put nothing but pictures on it, It wont let me move nothing else from my phone to sd and my phone is only maybe 2gb i think and thanks acmxenon Its nice to see people do still care out there I just want to root my phone and go from there Im just wasent blessed to know all this stuff... So my phone is connect to pc now what?

PJnc284

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site

If you have the Prevail, you'll probably want to look at their device specific forum here to see if there's anything. Not really too much here on android central about it but did find another link that discusses the root procedure. Looks like it may work without odin only if you haven't received the latest OTA. Beyond that I have no idea since I don't have a Prevail. Hopefully someone else with the device can be of more help.

As for root, still not 100% it's going to help. The low internal storage is still going to be a major problem. You should be able to move apps to the sd card in Android 2.2 without root but some apps tend to go wonky.

DeadlyAngel69

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site

I have been reading Since 2am on here and you dont have to be mean ok If you dont wanna help thats fine just leave the site

DeadlyAngel69

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site

Im trying but when it comes to the weird stuff u type... does that mean I type it and Then how do I get it to my phone... Thats whats comfuseing me I need to know what to type and how to get it on my phone and what if that helps lol Im really sorry:)

acmorris

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site

If you have the Prevail, you'll probably want to look at their device specific forum here to see if there's anything. Not really too much here on android central about it but did find another link that discusses the root procedure. Looks like it may work without odin only if you haven't received the latest OTA. Beyond that I have no idea since I don't have a Prevail. Hopefully someone else with the device can be of more help.

As for root, still not 100% it's going to help. The low internal storage is still going to be a major problem. You should be able to move apps to the sd card in Android 2.2 without root but some apps tend to go wonky.

Deadlyangel, the problem is your post is in the wrong section asking for help. Maybe the help & how-to would be a good start to pick up your help needed. :-[

Not that pjNC needs defending from me, but he can be of great help at times. Over on the VZW community boards, he has been a great asset over there as well.

To move files to your sdcard you may need a file manager do so, look in the play store for something like es file manager. If you like some additional help start a new thread in the correct forum and I will or anyone else will gladly help if we can?

I have additional link i can send you via pm if you would like it to help you out some!

DeadlyAngel69

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site

how is my question wrong i posted what make and model of my phone I been watching and reading a lot on here and it seemed like I came here asking help not to be made as a dummy isent that what this sites for to get help.... I just need to know what would be good to to download so I can move apps to my sd card and what apps can help my performance so i can get my work apps downloaded half of the apps on my cell like plane wallpapers, Hooked 4 diffrent gps and navagations im sorry I couldnt explane myself better I have no clue what OTA , odin, root and all them outher frazes mean I looked a lot up on root and It says its a good app to help move and get rid of the apps I dont need

PJnc284

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site

Definitely wasn't my intention for the post to come across as mean. Was just trying to point you in the right direction. You posted this thread in the hacks section for the Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3. The first link was to the specific section here for your phone as it's likely that very few if any in this particular thread are familiar with that device and the second was to another forum that seems to have more development geared toward the Prevail.

As mentioned, the problem is lack of internal space on the prevail. No need in rooting and risking the chance of a brick if it isn't going to help. Looking over on androidforums, it isn't as simple as just rooting and moving the apps to the sd card. Here's a thread with someone who had the same issue. I'm fairly comfortable rooting around on my phone and even I got a headache reading that thread so that most likely isn't the trivial solution you're looking for.

acmorris

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site

Angel no one is making you out as dummy so get that thought of your head first.

I should have been a little more clear on posting on the boards. Your in the right section which is Samsung, but wrong sub-forum. For your phone would be in the the Precedent section. It is the sister phone for your phone type.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles