MAC Root Tool for S3 [Casual for Verizon S3]

Ricky Babalu

BEACH BUM
Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Re: Bootloader Unlocked [Casual for Verizon S3]

The temptation is getting to be more than I can bear! Does this root followed by flashing cwm recovery produce the phone unlocked notice? If I did this then accepted an ota would it bork my phone?

Yes. Once you apply this, never accept a factory update.

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site

Yes ota borks phone or yes ota returns to stock unrooted?

Can't say for sure until we see it happen... I remember on the Galaxy Nexus, the OTA took us to stock unrooted.

Normally rule of thumb is... Never accept an OTA on a rooted device... Also with the custom bootloader... Adam says it will bork your phone... so I wouldn't recommend taking the chance. Don't accept OTAs. Wait for the devs to release a version that's safe to flash.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Then that forces me to install a custom rom because I've read about ota's being pushed to people's phones while they slept.

springsyeti

Mar 30, 2010
Visit site

Ok. Running mtn lion and trying the casual method and it show my phone as not connected. Just picked up the Verizon s3. Any suggestions? I even tried setting the connection to camera, nada..

Ricky Babalu

BEACH BUM
Aug 30, 2010
Visit site

Did you reboot phone, Mac?
Is USB Debugging mode enabled on your phone?
Did you try a different USB port?
Is Java up to date?
Are you using the OEM USB cable?

Thats all that I can think of for now.

Anndrew Vacca

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site

Anyone have any experience with UNROOTING the GS3? There's a pretty intense message about it being permanent-- so I'll never be able to root again? Is that right?

Jdane07

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site

This program is awesome.
I've had a number of Android phones, and while rooting is never a difficult task, this is by FAR the easiest experience I've had rooting a phone.

springsyeti

Mar 30, 2010
Visit site

Always forget to reboot and try again. Needless to say I used the wrong recovery and had her a Windows machine and Odin the back to stock to remove the you have been naughty by Verizon triangle.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site

I was able to root with no problem, but I can't get EZ-Unlock to work. It comes up with a plain white screen and then freezes. Anybody know what I should do? Thanks.

b.schram93

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site

I tried to use the VZW GS3 Flash Stock Kernel+Recovery option on my phone, but after it Casual said it had completed the phone wont turn back on. If i pull the battery and put it back in while the phone is connected to my computer the phone flashes a battery with a refresh symbol in it, and then shuts down. I cannot get the screen to turn on for any other reason.
Any help?

cvo515

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site

worked perfectly. picked up my s3 last night. easy as 1-2-3. props to all involved

CypherMax

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site

I am trying to root my VZW GS3 on my mac running 10.5.8. I download the casual file and try to open it and keep getting error that "Java cant open check system for errors". My system is up to date. What can I do to get this installed on my computer? Thanks.

cvo515

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I am trying to root my VZW GS3 on my mac running 10.5.8. I download the casual file and try to open it and keep getting error that "Java cant open check system for errors". My system is up to date. What can I do to get this installed on my computer? Thanks.

You've tried to update Java?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

CypherMax

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
Yes. I went with a different root method through terminal which worked great. I am now rooted unlocked and backed up. Thanks
Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Funkpod

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Hey, so... this method of using Casual still works for Jellybean? I thought I had heard that it didn't work for JB? i hope i'm wrong!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool