freeing up "sd card" space

Kyle L

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
right now i've only got 1.2 gb with my 16 gb s3, is there a way to free up space on the phone? ive already disabled a ton of vzw bloatware and i've got like 45 apps i installed myself, is there anyway to send these to the sd card with ics i'd like to flash roms but i can't make any backups prior because i run into an error while in cmw with /system and /data any help is appreciated and it may be the space on the phone that is giving me the problem unless someone can think of something else as the reason

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
With 16GB space you should have plenty of storage for the OS and apps... If you're running out of space it almost must be due to media of some sort. Do you have a lot of videos and/or music stored to internal storage?

Before moving apps, I'd work on moving "personal" files to the SD storage, i.e. music, videos, pic, etc.

Just to clarify, when viewing the file system, the internal storage is labeled "sdcard" (even though it's not really an SD card at all, but the internal storage dedicated to "personal" files). The actual SD card is labeled as "extSdCard"

Seriously, I have 70+ apps, and have over 11GB available in internal storage, so I doubt it's your apps taking up all that space.

Do you have a lot of nandroid backups? Those take up a lot of space as well...

Kyle L

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
thanks, i did go through my music and apparently deleted enough to make a backup and install the euroskank cyan 10, that cleaned everything up and got rid of the bloat now I have over 6 gb free with the music.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance