No Sim error message

cerktman

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
Are any of you that are running a custom ROM having the "No Sim" error?

If not, what is the ROM that you are running, what radios do you have installed and what is the hardware version of your device?

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Are any of you that are running a custom ROM having the "No Sim" error?

If not, what is the ROM that you are running, what radios do you have installed and what is the hardware version of your device?

I have not had one such ROM that gave me that error message and I have run CleanROM 1.3 and 2.0, Synergy nightlies and CM10 nightlies.

Using the G1 modems and still no issues.

If you are getting issues, have you tried reseating the SIM card?

Last edited:

cerktman

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
I've done a lot so far to troubleshoot this:

- Stock rom - random, but frequent failures with outgoing text messages. Incoming texts seem to work ok. Stock rom was both from factory and through load from Odin.

- Custom ROMs ? random, but frequent failures with outgoing text messages. Incoming texts seem to work ok. Tried Clean, Beans and Synergy ROMs.

- Swapped SIM - random, but frequent failures with outgoing text messages. Incoming texts seem to work ok. This was the same for both stock and the custom roms.

- Either SIM that was being used works without failure in Verizon Galaxy Nexus.

- Custom roms were either using stock Touch Wiz or Apex/Nova launcher

- Tried various other SMS programs with the same results (GoSMS and Handscent)

- Tried both the VRLF2 and VRLG1 radios

Replacement device should be here tomorrow, so I'll see if I have better luck with this.

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I've done a lot so far to troubleshoot this:

- Stock rom - random, but frequent failures with outgoing text messages. Incoming texts seem to work ok. Stock rom was both from factory and through load from Odin.

- Custom ROMs ? random, but frequent failures with outgoing text messages. Incoming texts seem to work ok. Tried Clean, Beans and Synergy ROMs.

- Swapped SIM - random, but frequent failures with outgoing text messages. Incoming texts seem to work ok. This was the same for both stock and the custom roms.

- Either SIM that was being used works without failure in Verizon Galaxy Nexus.

- Custom roms were either using stock Touch Wiz or Apex/Nova launcher

- Tried various other SMS programs with the same results (GoSMS and Handscent)

- Tried both the VRLF2 and VRLG1 radios

Replacement device should be here tomorrow, so I'll see if I have better luck with this.

Yea sounds like you have a bad device. It is very possible that what the SIM card is seated on has a problem.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer