"System Software not authorized by Verizon Wireless"

duckface87

Sep 2, 2012
Visit site
Hello All,

I am new to the forum and was wondering if you would be able to help me with an issue I am having with my Verizon S3. If there is already a post for my issue could you please link me to it?

Ok so here is the issue...

I was already rooted and rommed I used the one click root RootDebugfs.bat, and loaded the synergyRom. Everything was fine, loaded all my apps.... rom manager, titanium backup...ect. Then I decide to try the latest CyanogenMod that was posted on rom manager. I backup my current rom via clockwork, and then load cyanogen. Now when my phone turns on it states "System software not authorized by Verizon Wireless has been found on your phone. Please turn off your phone and go to the nearest Verizon Wireless store for help. " I tried booting into recovery, but the same message pops up. So I have tried using Odin 3.04 and 307 to try and load various pre-rooted roms, but none have worked so far.

Would anyone be able to help me out with this issue? I there a stock rom out there that my phone will like? I just need to get back into the phone, I feel like it can be fixed but I am doing something wrong. Any help is very much appreciated... Let me know if you need more info from me.

sparesr4sissies

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
It sounds like you didn't unlock the bootloader yet. When you first installed ROMs, they were probably still using the kexec method of installing kernels, etc. After developers figured out how to unlock the bootloader, they started making ROMs that didn't use the kexec method, but needed an unlocked bootloader.

I'd say your best bet is to start over from the beginning. Use ODIN to install the original stock ROM. Root, then unlock the bootloader. From then on you'll be able to flash away.

Idelgado782

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
ok so i am having the same issue. i can say however i WAS unlocked. I did it the NIGHT it was released. lol. i've been flashing the official nightlies for cm10 since 8/17 and i havne't had any issue. last night there was the 9/2 update i saw it via clockwork and i clicked up. it did it's thing, however it wouldn't boot. i tried using odin with a rooted rom and now i got the software unathorized message. i didn't think to use the stock rom, im downloading now. hopefully this works. i'll report back.

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Are you using ROM Manager to download the CM10? If you are.. don't. ROM Manager is known to cause problems when using it to download ROMs.. you could be getting a bad download or possibly something that wasn't built for a Verizon phone. Always go to the Developers web page (XDA/Rootzwiki) and download the ROM or any updates from there.

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Are you using ROM Manager to download the CM10? If you are.. don't. ROM Manager is known to cause problems when using it to download ROMs.. you could be getting a bad download or possibly something that wasn't built for a Verizon phone. Always go to the Developers web page (XDA/Rootzwiki) and download the ROM or any updates from there.

This is 100% truth. Recovery Manager is great took for rebooting in recovery and that's about it for me.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Michaelp629

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
Help. I too got that Verizon error message. I was able to reset phone to stock. Now upon rooting I get stuck at the Samsung splash screen, just keeps going around and around.........what should I do?

springsyeti

Mar 30, 2010
Visit site
Use Odin and start over. Redownload rom or ensure md5 match. Stock or stock rooted rom. Make sure boot loader is unlocked or using compatible recovery. I had issues myself and started over and flashed rooted stock, cwm 6.1.0, ez-unlock, factory reset, then flashed clean rom. It is awesome how market automatically downloads apps!

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Help. I too got that Verizon error message. I was able to reset phone to stock. Now upon rooting I get stuck at the Samsung splash screen, just keeps going around and around.........what should I do?

As the user above stated, reflash using ODIN to go back to stock and then start from scratch. Check my Flashing Guide and it will give you a detailed list of what you need to do and how to do it in order to properly flash a ROM.

merkinla1204

Sep 29, 2012
Visit site
Hello guys I am a super noob at this and I am also stuck on the "System Software not authorized" and it won't let me back into the boot mode or the "Odin" mode the the instructions on rooting suggests. Please help.

I got into Odin.. will try re rooting now.. wish me luck.

Last edited:
Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
Try the stock ROM located in the green information box of this thread:
http://forums.androidcentral.com/ve...t-recovery-verizon-galaxy-s-iii-sch-i535.html
It puts the phone back to stock factory condition.

Hi there,

I have the same Verizon error message. I originally rooted my gs3 with a mac. So in your steps to put the phone back to original settings, your first step is to copy root.zip and vrale6 to my sdcard. The problem is when in connect my phone to my computer, it wont recognize as a storage device, so I am not able to copy the files to my sdcard. Any suggestions? Thanks

Jordan Beatty

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
what if you are having the same problem. but u have a mac and u own the sch 1535 for verizon. heimdall doesn't work with that phone and mac osx does not have odin. i wish someone would have told me that it was gonna be a 2 day of not having my phone biggest pain in the ass process ever. i just want my phone to work again someone please help my email is jordanandrewbeatty@yahoo.com

Jason Gregory

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
I have the same error but I do not understand the above threads. I know my phone was unlocked by the previous owner but was supposed to be set back to factory. How do I get rid of this error so that I can do the update?

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
I have the same error but I do not understand the above threads. I know my phone was unlocked by the previous owner but was supposed to be set back to factory. How do I get rid of this error so that I can do the update?
From your issue description it sounds like the bootloader is unlocked, and upon reboot after applying the OTA update you get the System Software Not Authorized error. If your phone is still running the Ice Cream Sandwich with a 4.0 number, then suggest trying the guide from creccaj1 http://forums.androidcentral.com/ve...-back-clean-factory-stock-update-10-23-a.html You can check the Android OS version number by going to Settings and then About Device.
If you're running Jelly Bean with a 4.1.1 number for example, then post back with what you find out. From there perhaps someone will be able to point you to the easiest way to get back to stock Jelly Bean. I've not had to do this myself, so don't want to steer you toward something I can't confidently reference (doesn't mean that there aren't great guides on Android Central or XDA; just that I don't have experience with that aspect of working back to a locked bootloader state).

Jason Gregory

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
If you're running Jelly Bean with a 4.1.1 number for example, then post back with what you find out. From there perhaps someone will be able to point you to the easiest way to get back to stock Jelly Bean. I've not had to do this myself, so don't want to steer you toward something I can't confidently reference (doesn't mean that there aren't great guides on Android Central or XDA; just that I don't have experience with that aspect of working back to a locked bootloader state).

I am running Jelly Bean 4.1.1

papa54

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Hello All,

I am new to the forum and was wondering if you would be able to help me with an issue I am having with my Verizon S3. If there is already a post for my issue could you please link me to it?

I was already rooted and rommed I used the one click root RootDebugfs.bat, and loaded the synergyRom. Everything was fine, loaded all my apps.... rom manager, titanium backup...ect. Then I decide to try the latest CyanogenMod that was posted on rom manager. I backup my current rom via clockwork, and then load cyanogen. Now when my phone turns on it states "System software not authorized by Verizon Wireless has been found on your phone. Please turn off your phone and go to the nearest Verizon Wireless store for help. " I tried booting into recovery, but the same message pops up. So I have tried using Odin 3.04 and 307 to try and load various pre-rooted roms, but none have worked so far.

Would anyone be able to help me out with this issue? I there a stock rom out there that my phone will like? I just need to get back into the phone, I feel like it can be fixed but I am doing something wrong. Any help is very much appreciated... Let me know if you need more info from me.

OK there neighbor i just spent 12 hours trying to geta straight shot to fixing my GS3 and there is a web site that will talk you right thru it all.. pay attention to the information.. closely... easy as pie i will post it right here if i get booted then maybe i can get back another day ,, heres the file or site.. "http://techngeek.tumblr.com/post/34829408088/restore-your-verizon-samsung-galaxy-s3-to-stock"
takes ya right back to original stock .. happy hunting

nolittdroid

Aug 8, 2011
Visit site
Bumping this thread...EVERY time I try to flash CM10 I ended up with this same exact issue. I had an unlocked bootloader/rooted phone. This has happened 2x before so I'm attempting to use an Xda thread I bookmarked a long time ago.

papa54

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Hello All,

"">>>>GO HERE<<<<< > http://techngeek.tumblr.com/post/34829408088/restore-your-verizon-samsung-galaxy-s3-to-stock<
fix ya right up...