Synergy has now moved on to JB (version .1)

rvhighway

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
If you're running the last ICS Synergy build, Version 1.7 (revision 73), it appears that may be the last one. Synergy has now introduced a Synergized JellyBean ROM. They're calling it a Beta .1 version.

If you want to try it, it's available for download at their usual site. However, they freely admit that it's buggy at this point. Personally, I'll be downloading it later - once they get past a lot of the initial birthing pains.

For now, Synergy 1.7 (r73) is working real well for me . . . including the Google Now that comes with it.

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
If you're running the last ICS Synergy build, Version 1.7 (revision 73), it appears that may be the last one. Synergy has now introduced a Synergized JellyBean ROM. They're calling it a Beta .1 version.

If you want to try it, it's available for download at their usual site. However, they freely admit that it's buggy at this point. Personally, I'll be downloading it later - once they get past a lot of the initial birthing pains.

For now, Synergy 1.7 (r73) is working real well for me . . . including the Google Now that comes with it.

That awesome, it was only a matter of time before more JB builds started to come out.

MikeNY

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
I love the Synergy Rom, I just keep downloading nightlies and the updates to his real icon theme. I think I will wait a week or 2 before I flash JB but I have been watching that thread.

Crispy

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm a little disappointed at this. Synergy and ClearROM were the 2 rom's based on stock, everything else is either AOSP or based off the AT&T/TMobile leaks. JB Synergy is based off of JellyWiz I think. None of these are totally stable, and I don't think we'll have one until the official VZW JB update comes. Nightly r73 is causing reboots for a lot of people.

rvhighway

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Well, my GPS locks on right away when I go into maps. It's not a problem for me so I guess it's working. I have also been on the speaker phone and tried a Google search at the wam time. It worked. It's not something that I do often, but it is something that I've tried. For my limited experience with simultaneous voice and data I have to say that works In Synergy 1.7 (r73). As for Synergy's JB build, I have no clue since I'm not running it until it gets more refined.

rvhighway

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
This doesn't work on any JB rom. A VZW build is needed for the proper files to make this happen.

I wonder why a JB version is even being worked on for the S3 when it can't be completed without the needed files. This is why I'm waiting. If it can never be made to work fully, what's the point in downloading and installing it? I'll just keep skipping any JB version until something comes out based on a VZW release.

Crispy

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
I wonder why a JB version is even being worked on for the S3 when it can't be completed without the needed files. This is why I'm waiting. If it can never be made to work fully, what's the point in downloading and installing it? I'll just keep skipping any JB version until something comes out based on a VZW release.

That's the beauty of the Android dev scene :) We'll have to wait a long time for an official VZW release, at least 6 months. The only fully stable roms are those based on TW ICS, all the AOSP/JB one's have issues. But for many they are good enough to run.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995