Radios - will they help?

jbomb11

Banned
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
I recently have switched offices.

Before I left for work for my wedding in one office with my gnex I had no problem sending or receiving texts making calls browsing the Web etc....

After I got back in my new office I get nothing. The only no bars and if I go towards my office door I start to get signal. I am take one step out and my phone starts receiving all my pent up notifications.

If I root and install new radios will this help? My office mate has an I phone and gets some signal but still needs to leave the office for a quality phone call. One of my co workers with an env can make calls and receive texts no problem.

Any thoughts?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I recently have switched offices.

Before I left for work for my wedding in one office with my gnex I had no problem sending or receiving texts making calls browsing the Web etc....

After I got back in my new office I get nothing. The only no bars and if I go towards my office door I start to get signal. I am take one step out and my phone starts receiving all my pent up notifications.

If I root and install new radios will this help? My office mate has an I phone and gets some signal but still needs to leave the office for a quality phone call. One of my co workers with an env can make calls and receive texts no problem.

Any thoughts?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

The new radios may help but they aren't really going to make your phone see dramatic improvements. When I flashed the new radios I didn't see a huge jump in performance, I mainly saw a difference in speed of acquiring a signal or the handoff. However, if I was in your situation I would try anything lol.

HalizDad

Banned
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
Check out the GNex forum...this is the GS3 forum...a radio flash won't help with your signal drops. I tried it on mine before I took it back to BB. It's a hardware issue on the GNex. I say that because when I traded it for my S3, I get 4G connections where my GNex was struggling for a 3G connection and dropping calls left and right. My S3 is the first phone I've had for more than 4 days, without rooting it...so far.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm