Best JellyBean ROM and kernel setup for battery life?

jlibis

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Ok so here is the deal. I have been flashing jelly bean ROMs here off and on for the past month and don't get me wrong I'm really loving jelly bean on my Verizon S3. However, I have found that my battery life on all of them has been pretty poor. I am currently not in a 4G area but I still have good coverage. I keep my phone on lowest brightness and sometimes use powersave. I really just want to know if anyone is getting good battery life on a certain ROM or ROM/kernel setup that I could try. Also if you have any other tips I am open to anything.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Neverender326

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
Try the ktoonsez kernel with CM10 M1. I get very good life with that. Sorry i'm at work and can't link but it comes up in a google search. You can set the I/O scheduler, CPU Governor to conservative, and underclock the processor which all will save you on batt life. I also get no drain at all when in deep sleep. It's nice. I use my phone HEAVILY all day (reddit, browsing, music, streaming podcasts, books on tape, etc...) and can go from 6:30 am to 7:30 pm without plugging it in. I really don't even have to plug it in at night but I do anyway.

jlibis

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Try the ktoonsez kernel with CM10 M1. I get very good life with that. Sorry i'm at work and can't link but it comes up in a google search. You can set the I/O scheduler, CPU Governor to conservative, and underclock the processor which all will save you on batt life. I also get no drain at all when in deep sleep. It's nice. I use my phone HEAVILY all day (reddit, browsing, music, streaming podcasts, books on tape, etc...) and can go from 6:30 am to 7:30 pm without plugging it in. I really don't even have to plug it in at night but I do anyway.

I'll have to check it out I'm sure I can find the kernel over at xda thanks!

jlibis

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site

Well I upgraded to M1 but ive never flashed a kernel before and I think I need to read a bit more, but the info out about it is truly weak and not very reassuring.

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
If you have the baseband ending in G7 you won't be able to flash ktoonz kernel. I tried it last night over my M1 build and it just hung on boot.

jlibis

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
If you have the baseband ending in G7 you won't be able to flash ktoonz kernel. I tried it last night over my M1 build and it just hung on boot.

Mine says G1?....I'm a total noob when it comes to kernels could I still use this kernel?

Last edited:

Neverender326

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
Mine says G1?....I'm a total noob when it comes to kernels could I still use this kernel?

Head on over to Rootzwiki and flash the LeanKernel for JB beta. Believe it is v16. I am getting absolutely fantastic battery life on the latest CM Nightly. You shouldnt have any trouble with CM10 M1. Just download the zip and flash it in Recovery as you would any ROM. Then wipe your cache and Davlik and reboot. Good to go. Enjoy!

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I am running AOKP B3 with LK 0.9.1 which has been solid for me. .9.1 because I saw a couple people over a Rootz say that it has been one of the better releases.

jlibis

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Head on over to Rootzwiki and flash the LeanKernel for JB beta. Believe it is v16. I am getting absolutely fantastic battery life on the latest CM Nightly. You shouldnt have any trouble with CM10 M1. Just download the zip and flash it in Recovery as you would any ROM. Then wipe your cache and Davlik and reboot. Good to go. Enjoy!

Sweet I'll try it out after I'm done at the gym thanks

jlibis

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Can one of you link me to lean kernel I cant find it anywhere for Verizon g3 running job?

jlibis

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Oh forgot to ask are there special settings I need to run for this?

jlibis

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I just use SetCPU to tweak the setting.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Xparent SkyBlue Tapatalk 2

So far I'm noticing an insanely fast charge....I'm listening to slacker while its plugged in and it is cruising

Neverender326

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
So far I'm noticing an insanely fast charge....I'm listening to slacker while its plugged in and it is cruising

Did you set the fast charge yet? Open up terminal emulator and type ffc. Voila you can now charge w/ USB at 1 amp instead of .5. Awesome for in the car. My dock actually outpaces Waze, and Poweramp w/ data and GPS enabled.

jlibis

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Did you set the fast charge yet? Open up terminal emulator and type ffc. Voila you can now charge w/ USB at 1 amp instead of .5. Awesome for in the car. My dock actually outpaces Waze, and Poweramp w/ data and GPS enabled.

Just did thanks.....battery life is improved a good amount. I'm at 15 percent left with almost 17 hours and 3 on screen...better then the 8 hours I was getting on stock CM kernel

jlibis

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Honestly so grateful for this kernel and ROM combo can't thank these devs enough! Check it out!

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1348774591774.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1348774591774.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 1,255
  • uploadfromtaptalk1348774604595.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1348774604595.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 1,250