[ROM] AOKP Jelly Bean for Verizon GS3

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I'm on Build 5 and experiencing the loud call volume, have the volume all the way down and it's still very loud. Also, each time I rebooted the phone, it's gets stuck on the booting screen (unicorn image) and never gets to the home screen, so I have to restore a previous backup.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Did you flash a custom kernel and did you clear flash this or dirty flash it?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent SkyBlue Tapatalk 2

ajnevares

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
Did you flash a custom kernel and did you clear flash this or dirty flash it?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent SkyBlue Tapatalk 2

No custom kernel and it was a clean flash... But I just realized I used the gapps from build 4, and just seen in a previous post there is a new gapps download for 5? Would that be the reason?

Jubakuba

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
I've been known to drop the Toro users a custom build...and leave the download open for a few hours only to close it.
So...who knows what my mood will be tomorrow =]
For now, I plan on leaving this available.

I am not a developer.
I simply make my custom builds...and figure I can occasionally share.

Synced with source...and is current as of this post (basically; B5 + a call volume adjustment bug fix is all that is new in the merge)

But...ya'll have a bunch o' cherries =]
Cherries:
*Group MMS
*MMS Custom Vibrations
*Quick Reply Pop-Up
*Show Lockscreen Before Secure Unlock (I submitted my rebase to gerrit...those of you who make your own builds and didn't know how to fix this; you shouldn't have to now)
*Lockscreen Vibrate Toggle
*Vibrate upon "locking" on the Lockscreen target (hovering over)
*Make Toggles Hidable
*Allow Haptic Feedback on Toggle Press (option)
*Add more Long-Press Targets to Keyboard
*Torch Fix (not the apk variant: aka still wonky. But better than stock. May take more than one toggle to toggle on/off but it'll never get completely stuck now)
*Long/Short Press actions on Navigation clock/date to Open Clock/Calendar activities

I don't own a D2VZW, nor have I shared builds before.
Upon flashing, please confirm it boots for other users.
If it doesn't boot try flashing another kernel.
I don't predict any problems.

Download:
REMOVED - toggles broken

Last edited:

jlibis

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I've been known to drop the Toro users a custom build...and leave the download open for a few hours only to close it.

I am not a developer.

Synced with source...and is current as of this post (basically; B5 + a call volume adjustment bug fix is all that is new in the merge)

Cherries:
*Group MMS
*MMS Custom Vibrations
*Quick Reply Pop-Up
*Show Lockscreen Before Secure Unlock (I submitted my rebase to gerrit...those of you who make your own builds and didn't know how to fix this; you shouldn't have to now)
*Make Toggles Hidable
*Torch Fix (not the apk variant: aka still wonky. But better than stock. May take more than one toggle to toggle on/off but it'll never get completely stuck now)
*Long/Short Press actions on Navigation clock/date to Open Clock/Calendar activities

Download:
October 25 Unofficial

Since you being so generous I'm going to give this a whirl after a bit on official B5 :)

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site

I am not a developer.

Cherries:
*Group MMS
*MMS Custom Vibrations
*Quick Reply Pop-Up
*Make Toggles Hidable

Download:
October 25 Unofficial

Quality stuff, ran your build on my Nexus a while back and it was solid.

ajnevares

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
Now none of my emails out of G-Mail are going out...all stuck in 'sending' although the browser and everything else that requires data is working fine. Can someone please provide the link for the latest GAPPS for Build 5? I am hoping that is the issue.

Thanks!

jlibis

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Man this is getting depressing every single aosp build has low volume high volume and seems to always crackle at some point during calls. Any builds with this stuff confirmed fixed?? Besides tw or ICS ROMs?

jlibis

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site

I am not a developer.

Cherries:
*Group MMS
*MMS Custom Vibrations
*Quick Reply Pop-Up
*Make Toggles Hidable

Download:
October 25 Unofficial

The only bug I've found is when I try picking my toggles it won't let me do it

jlibis

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I had to get off aokp....for some reason I was having serious call problems....do you think it couldvr been caused by me flashing KT kernel

gregurbo1

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
I had to get off aokp....for some reason I was having serious call problems....do you think it couldvr been caused by me flashing KT kernel

Just for kicks, you should try a TW rom and see if you still have that problem.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Jubakuba

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Strange.
The only cherry I put in your build that I didn't put in mine (toro) was the notification shade clock and date actions.
Maybe that was it; but I assumed it would be stable since Steve made it and gave it the go-ahead (minus the fact that he wants it to be optional at one.point).

So, personally...I'd use B5 to set up toggles only and then dirty flash the build I posted.

Edit;
No. Want that.
I'll keep digging.

Last edited:

jlibis

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Strange.
The only cherry I put in your build that I didn't put in mine (toro) was the notification shade clock and date actions.
Maybe that was it; but I assumed it would be stable since Steve made it and gave it the go-ahead (minus the fact that he wants it to be optional at one.point).

So, personally...I'd use B5 to set up toggles only and then dirty flash the build I posted.

Edit;
No. Want that.
I'll keep digging.

It isn't a big deal....I think I may have been running into call problems by flashing KT with these builds.

Jubakuba

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
So...who wants a new build?
I don't own an SIII. But I hope this build will make sweet passionate love to you anyway.
As of the time of posting...build is current with all merged source.
[Fixed derp in toggles for those of you who flashed my previous]

Enjoy [color=#f000000]<3[/color]

Cherries:
*Group MMS
*MMS Custom Vibrations
*Quick Reply Pop-Up
*Lockscreen Vibrate Toggle (Submitted the rebase for this as well if you didn't know how and want to pick it for personal builds)
*Make Toggles Hidable [This was actually merged]
*Allow Haptic Feedback on Toggle Press [This was actually merged]
*Torch Fix (Part merged - the actual linking to the new APK has not been - pending testing. Seems good to me!)
---Merged So...technically not a cherry pick. But since I picked it prior to building...as of now we're up to date.
*Clock/Date have Long/Short press actions (open calendar/clock activities)
*CM advanced phone settings (vibrate on connect, every 45 seconds, call waiting)

Download:
Here

jlibis

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
So...who wants a new build?
I don't own an SIII. But I hope this build will make sweet passionate love to you anyway.
As of the time of posting...build is current with all merged source.
[Fixed derp in toggles for those of you who flashed my previous]

Enjoy [color=#f000000]<3[/color]

Cherries:
*Group MMS
*MMS Custom Vibrations
*Quick Reply Pop-Up
*Lockscreen Vibrate Toggle (Submitted the rebase for this as well if you didn't know how and want to pick it for personal builds)
*Make Toggles Hidable [This was actually merged]
*Allow Haptic Feedback on Toggle Press [This was actually merged]
*Torch Fix (Part merged - the actual linking to the new APK has not been - pending testing. Seems good to me!)
---Merged So...technically not a cherry pick. But since I picked it prior to building...as of now we're up to date.
*Clock/Date have Long/Short press actions (open calendar/clock activities)
*CM advanced phone settings (vibrate on connect, every 45 seconds, call waiting)

Download:
Here

Will DL once home....if you add an option like cm10 has where you can set the hardware keys to say menu = long press for recent apps switcher I will love you forever. Also do you think I was having call issues because of the kernel I flashed?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance