[ROM] AOKP Jelly Bean for Verizon GS3

Flatland2D

May 4, 2012
Visit site
I upgraded from B5 to milestone 1 and have had some issues. The most annoying are random reboots and freezing in a game that didn't happen before. I did a full clean install.

The loud call volume was fixed for me, but now switching from headset to speakerphone, the phone takes about 5 to 10 seconds to switch the audio over instead of happening instantaneously.

Considering going back to B5 or CM10 again. This is the least stable I've been on including CM10 nightlies and the other AOKP betas.

Anyone else have issues? I feel like for a milestone, things should be better than this.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Mastaking

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Download the Play Music app from the market.

One question - Now that I have JB with AOKP (I'm sure I'm totally going to botch all of the terminology here...) I no longer have a music player. I could care less... I use Spotify. BUT, I have no idea how to set a custom ringtone now. At least without downloading an app to do it. Any ideas?

sparkomatic

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
I went through the Guide here on Method 1: How to Install Adam Outler's Casual for Rooting/Unlocking Bootloader/CWM Recovery (Mac/Linux)

I can now use CASUAL to do a Reboot Recovery.

However, when I try to flash the AOKP file from my SD card, I get an E: Signature Verification Failed message

What am I doing wrong? Did I miss a step? I've seen stuff on Odin but didn't think I had to use that as well. Thanks for any help!

EDIT: Nevermind...figured it all out and now have JB on my S3...woohoo!

Last edited:

Riky0791

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Re: [ROM] AOKP Joselly Bean for Verizon GS3

Hi , I have a Verizon SG3 I started using the AOKP ROM and everything was OK but when I tryed to send a text it doest allow me... I still can receive messages but unfortunately I can't answer back.... :(

qdtphotog

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
Re: [ROM] AOKP Jelly Bean for Verizon GS3 - screen doesn't rotate?

I got bored after 4 months with my stock S3 so I decided to try this rom. So far I like it a lot except the screen doesn't rotate when it's in landscape mode. I've already triple checked the rotation setting to make sure that's it's on. Is it a bug or do I need to do something else to make the screen rotate? Thanks for all the help.

UPDATE: it seems that the screen does rotate but only when I'm in an app. But it doesn't when I'm out in the launcher screens (NOVA). What gives?

Last edited:

jackmei2

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site

Nova launcher doesn't allow you to rotate the home screen. if you get the paid version, nova launcher prime, then it will give you the option to do so.

jackmei2

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site

did you look through the gestures? I don't have nova prime so I can't really tell you, but there looks like there is something in the gestures section that might do this for you.

qdtphotog

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
did you look through the gestures? I don't have nova prime so I can't really tell you, but there looks like there is something in the gestures section that might do this for you.

Thanks, but there's nothing there. I guess I'll just have to deal with it. That's the price of rooting and romming. Sometimes things don't work.

Also, does anyone know where I need to go to turn off the menu and back light at the bottom of the phone? I've been looking at all of the settings but couldn't find it. Or is it something that can't be done either?

jlibis

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, but there's nothing there. I guess I'll just have to deal with it. That's the price of rooting and romming. Sometimes things don't work.

Also, does anyone know where I need to go to turn off the menu and back light at the bottom of the phone? I've been looking at all of the settings but couldn't find it. Or is it something that can't be done either?

Works for me on free apex

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

jackmei2

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site

this is launcher related, if you try a diff launcher, I know GoLauncer will let you do this, you can rotate your screen into landscape mode.

as for turning off the backlight for the menu buttons, did you look through the AOKP settings in the settings menu? I'm not on AOKP anymore so I can't navigate there myself, but I thought that this was definitely in the AOKP rom settings.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power