What's the best Kernel to use alongside AOKP Build 5?

Rflor31

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
I've yet to experiment with custom kernels but am fully aware of what and how they operate. I'm just looking to see if there is one in particular that I should look into

jlibis

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I've yet to experiment with custom kernels but am fully aware of what and how they operate. I'm just looking to see if there is one in particular that I should look into

I've had pretty good luck using lean kernel with almost any ROM. In my opinion it is far better on battery life than cm10 kernel. I can hardly get 10 hours on cm10.... with lean kernel I average like 15-18 hours

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Srambo217

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
To flash a kernel do youvhavecto go through Odin?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

It depends on the dev. Most are flashable with CWM. Seems like a lot of people on XDA just use the stock kernel. The S3 doesn't really require under/overclocking

Sent From My Rooted/Modded SGSIII - If I've helped you please click 'Thanks'!

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Stock Kernel won't work with AOKP or any AOSP based ROMs for that matter. The stock ROM for AOKP is Faux kernel which isn't bad, but it also isn't my favorite. I would say that you should give Faux a try and see how it does, the battery life on this phone isn't as bad as others like my GNex which barely lasts a day with moderate use. If Faux (stock AOKP kernel) doesn't work out for you flash Lean Kernel, I had terrific battery life with it.

Lean Kernel is flashable through recovery and once you have it flashed, you can use Android Terminal Emulator to flash newer versions without opening recovery. Also, when downloading Lean Kernel, make sure that the newest AOKP B5 build is compatible with the newest CM merges over on Rootz. If you where on B4 and flahed Lean Kernel 1.5 your phone wouldn't boot because of that. I would start with Lean Kernel 1.4, I had amazing results with that.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers