Rooting/unrooting questions. I have rooted before

R3CKL355 420

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
Like it says I have rooted before, but that was on my OG Droid, and I wasn't getting updates from Verizon, nor did I care about them if they did come. I was flashing a new ROM every few days.

What my question is: the jb release coming out from Verizon, whenever that may be, is not coming fast enough and I want to just flash it.

But when the update does come out, and I'm rooted and on another ROM, can I flash back to stock, unroot, and install the update? Don't get me wrong I LOOOVE me some custom ROMs, but I use my phone for work ALOT so I need consistency.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Like it says I have rooted before, but that was on my OG Droid, and I wasn't getting updates from Verizon, nor did I care about them if they did come. I was flashing a new ROM every few days.

What my question is: the jb release coming out from Verizon, whenever that may be, is not coming fast enough and I want to just flash it.

But when the update does come out, and I'm rooted and on another ROM, can I flash back to stock, unroot, and install the update? Don't get me wrong I LOOOVE me some custom ROMs, but I use my phone for work ALOT so I need consistency.

Yes you can flash back easily to stock and get your update to official JB whenever that will come out. When you start the rooting process, once your phone is rooted and you installed a custom recovery, just do a backup in your recovery of the stock rooted OS without deleting any of the Verizon bloat or anything like that. That way, once the update has gone live you can flash your backup and wait to get the OTA.

R3CKL355 420

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
Thanks a ton man!!! That was the only thing really holding me back, and that's kinda how I figured it worked. Do I need to unroot to get the ota or just return back to unmodified stock rooted and hit update?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey