Beans ROM

jlibis

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I just wanted to designate a thread to this because I want to find out more info about it essentially. I'm running build 3 now, and will report my opinions as I use it.
Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

jlibis

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
So far already noticing a large amount of stuttering between home screen transitions and app door transitions. However I am running apex maybe that is the problem.

oper8or

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
I was running Beans and found it to be very slow on my s3. Switched back to AOKP M1
So far already noticing a large amount of stuttering between home screen transitions and app door transitions. However I am running apex maybe that is the problem.

jlibis

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I was running Beans and found it to be very slow on my s3. Switched back to AOKP M1

I've been finding the same....tons of stuttering throughout. Google now isn't working either...kind of a bummer :(

kismet769

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I ran Beans for a long time. Even when flashing others, I'd usually revert back to Beans. However, I've been on Synergy for quite some time now.

With the newer builds of Beans I kept getting FCs and tons of lag. For me it seemed to start when Aroma was added.

jlibis

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I ran Beans for a long time. Even when flashing others, I'd usually revert back to Beans. However, I've been on Synergy for quite some time now.

With the newer builds of Beans I kept getting FCs and tons of lag. For me it seemed to start when Aroma was added.

I can't run a ROM that isn't aosp I have found out. I just can't....

Safetypinz

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Since newest update my s3 has been slow and forcing a lot of things closed. I loved bean before the last update.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

oper8or

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
Anyone have a recommendation for the JB ROM with most stability and battery life.

Aokp m1 has been great for me. Very smooth, fast, and stable. Battery life seems awesome to me. Regularly getting 12 hours with 4 hours of screentime with brightness set on high.

Sent from my sch-i535 using Android Central Forums

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Aokp m1 has been great for me. Very smooth, fast, and stable. Battery life seems awesome to me. Regularly getting 12 hours with 4 hours of screentime with brightness set on high.

Sent from my sch-i535 using Android Central Forums

Ok cool. That was 1 on my list to try along with CleanROM and Liquid Jelly. I just want something where all the radios are working, not too buggy and battery life if good.

jlibis

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Ok cool. That was 1 on my list to try along with CleanROM and Liquid Jelly. I just want something where all the radios are working, not too buggy and battery life if good.

I'm getting around 18 hours on my battery with 2-3 on screen using cm10 stable and leankernel

gregurbo1

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
I'm running build 6. Seems good so far. I just wiped delvik and cache. I also installed the new leaked modem and rpm to match the build. Also, just downloaded (Notification Weather app) from the play store. It just came out and is pretty cool. Looks aosp like.:D

Sent from my SCH-I535 running Jelly Beans Build 6

jlibis

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Up and running...is the lock screen a bit smaller than normal for you? Lol

gregurbo1

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
Up and running...is the lock screen a bit smaller than normal for you? Lol

Yep... I think they scaled it down to look more aosp like....It was kind of large on build 5. Same as the settings menu...I think it looks better.

jlibis

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
My phone has frozen 3 times so far running this build.....had to battery pull each time...sigh

gregurbo1

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
My phone has frozen 3 times so far running this build.....had to battery pull each time...sigh

That's not good...Your phone is temperamental... I wonder if it has something to do with cwm recovery. I use Twrp. Go to the play store and download goo.im and try TWRP recovery.

jlibis

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
That's not good...Your phone is temperamental... I wonder if it has something to do with cwm recovery. I use Twrp. Go to the play store and download goo.im and try TWRP recovery.

Will it mess anything up if I use twrp.....yeah I've narrowed it down to the freezing....it happens every time when the phone leaves messaging