Beans ROM

jlibis

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I've been reading the thread. Still haven't flashed yet though. Does your GPS and Google Now work for you..? How is YouTube..?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

YouTube works....Google now shows me cards that aren't dealing with gps ....tells me to turn on Google location services even though they are already on. However GPS and navigation work fine I used them for an hour yesterday

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

gregurbo1

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
YouTube works....Google now shows me cards that aren't dealing with gps ....tells me to turn on Google location services even though they are already on. However GPS and navigation work fine I used them for an hour yesterday

Just installed it...setting up my apps now!:D

gregurbo1

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
Its so sick

Ok , you inspired me to try other 4.2.1 Roms. I just installed LiquidSmooth beta 2. Wow.. Much better. Gps , Google now and browser find me know problem. So far this ROM is kick ass. Plus you get all your power button short cuts. I have a little more testing but the things you were missing are here.:D

jlibis

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Ok , you inspired me to try other 4.2.1 Roms. I just installed LiquidSmooth beta 2. Wow.. Much better. Gps , Google now and browser find me know problem. So far this ROM is kick ass. Plus you get all your power button short cuts. I have a little more testing but the things you were missing are here.:D

I'm just skeptical about flashing another 4.2 ROM because the speed in this one by far and away is the fastest I've ever encountered I cannot get it to lag or anything its so fluid and I love that about roms

gregurbo1

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
I'm just skeptical about flashing another 4.2 ROM because the speed in this one by far and away is the fastest I've ever encountered I cannot get it to lag or anything its so fluid and I love that about roms

It must be 4.2 all together...this ROM is fast.. I haven't experienced any bugs yet. I don't know what I want to do though...the one thing I have noticed with all aosp Roms is data isn't as good as TW. It gets a little wonky. Part of me wants to ride these Roms out and the other part of me is thinking about going back to TW. I definitely like aosp a lot better but TW just works...

jlibis

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
It must be 4.2 all together...this ROM is fast.. I haven't experienced any bugs yet. I don't know what I want to do though...the one thing I have noticed with all aosp Roms is data isn't as good as TW. It gets a little wonky. Part of me wants to ride these Roms out and the other part of me is thinking about going back to TW. I definitely like aosp a lot better but TW just works...

Stick on 4.2 with me! I just needed a change from touch wiz even though I was using beans I got tired of it. Nova wasn't running fast over the top of it for some reason.

gregurbo1

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
Stick on 4.2 with me! I just needed a change from touch wiz even though I was using beans I got tired of it. Nova wasn't running fast over the top of it for some reason.

You are not gonna believe what I did....I odined back to stock JellyBean. Its been so long that I have been stock that I wanted to see what it was like. Gonna test battery life and data signal vs custom....JellyBean is not that bad on here stock. But I am already missing some custom functions. Gonna give it a few days before I root again.

jlibis

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
You are not gonna believe what I did....I odined back to stock JellyBean. Its been so long that I have been stock that I wanted to see what it was like. Gonna test battery life and data signal vs custom....JellyBean is not that bad on here stock. But I am already missing some custom functions. Gonna give it a few days before I root again.

Lol how long did that take?....I don't want to have to reroot or anything. I'm trying out liquid right now. Still liking pure aosp ROM a bit better so far idk why

jlibis

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Also trying liquid.... The verdict is....pure aosp is much faster I can tell. When they get GPS figured out it will probably be my daily driver for months I love it.

gregurbo1

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
Lol how long did that take?....I don't want to have to reroot or anything. I'm trying out liquid right now. Still liking pure aosp ROM a bit better so far idk why

It didn't take to long but when Odin got done flashing the phone it is supposed to automatically reboot and mine just hung there on Verizon's boot screen for like 10 minutes. So I unplugged it from the computer and pulled the battery. Tried to reboot and it just hung there at that screen again. I was like, F@#k!!!! So, I rebooted into the stock recovery and wiped everything and tried to reboot again and it worked...I don't understand why that worked though...I thought I was going to have to do a nandriod backup. I hate using that Odin 3.07 on the computer.
So far being stock again...battery life sucks.. I'll give it a few days to see what happens.

jlibis

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
It didn't take to long but when Odin got done flashing the phone it is supposed to automatically reboot and mine just hung there on Verizon's boot screen for like 10 minutes. So I unplugged it from the computer and pulled the battery. Tried to reboot and it just hung there at that screen again. I was like, F@#k!!!! So, I rebooted into the stock recovery and wiped everything and tried to reboot again and it worked...I don't understand why that worked though...I thought I was going to have to do a nandriod backup. I hate using that Odin 3.07 on the computer.
So far being stock again...battery life sucks.. I'll give it a few days to see what happens.

Lol yeah I have never used Odin even when there was a root method using it. I have it on my computer but never touched it because I found a one click root video back in the day. So you have to reroot and unlock the boot loader again I take it?

gregurbo1

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
Lol yeah I have never used Odin even when there was a root method using it. I have it on my computer but never touched it because I found a one click root video back in the day. So you have to reroot and unlock the boot loader again I take it?

Yep...one click doesn't work anymore either. You have to use Odin. Today my phone and texting stopped working. But I have data..I have to go to Verizon in the morning.

blade22222

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Yep...one click doesn't work anymore either. You have to use Odin. Today my phone and texting stopped working. But I have data..I have to go to Verizon in the morning.

Good thing you went back to stock. Also could have been a bad flash.

gregurbo1

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
Good thing you went back to stock. Also could have been a bad flash.

It worked the first day just fine. Today I went to make a call and nothing..then I tried to text and nothing..but I can use it to write this. .Doesn't make sense. Think I have a bad sim card.

blade22222

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Are you in global mode? If so go into your settings under network go to more settings then mobile networks, preferred network. Change it to lte/cdma. Worth a shot.

gregurbo1

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
Are you in global mode? If so go into your settings under network go to more settings then mobile networks, preferred network. Change it to lte/cdma. Worth a shot.

Yeah, I tired that..no luck..even pulled the sim a couple times and nothing. I don't understand it....

gregurbo1

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
How did it go with Verizon?

Just got back..The factory warranty covered it. They are going to send me a new phone from the factory . The techies came out of the back and we're telling me they never seen anything like this problem before . Lol. After about an hour of them trying to figure out the problem they were kind of giving me that look like they new what I was doing with the phone. I think you were right about it being a bad flash..I should of tried to just re root it. Oh well, I get a new one in a few days. For now I'm stuck with this crap loaner phone...

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk 2

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463