Beans ROM

Wnrgway

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
I don't remember it being there. There's an option under wifi where you can disable the pop-up asking you to switch to wifi when running data intensive programs.

xderiwx

Aug 17, 2012
Visit site
I don't remember it being there. There's an option under wifi where you can disable the pop-up asking you to switch to wifi when running data intensive programs.

Just a little update on this. I'm currently on Beans10, and that annoying message that pops up when toggling off mobile data is no longer present. Nice!

Anyone else on Beans10? I'm really liking it so far. The AOSP theming is so nice compared to stock.

nolittdroid

Aug 8, 2011
Visit site
I flashed beans7 and I'm loving it so far. Once problem I'm having is I keep getting a notification that there is insufficient storage for some apps....can anyone advise me? Or is it just a bug?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

nolittdroid

Aug 8, 2011
Visit site
About 12gb....Google Play was telling me I didn't have sufficient storage to update some apps. I deletes a few, disabled a few and rebooted. Haven't experienced it since!
Otherwise I LOVE this rom.

sipock97

Jul 22, 2012
Visit site
Just a little update on this. I'm currently on Beans10, and that annoying message that pops up when toggling off mobile data is no longer present. Nice!

Anyone else on Beans10? I'm really liking it so far. The AOSP theming is so nice compared to stock.

I am on Beans 10 and it is fantastic. I also like the theming. My wife just got her GS3 and I realized how I will never go back to stock. My only issue is that there are a few other great roms out there to play with but this running so good I don't want flash another... :)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

nolittdroid

Aug 8, 2011
Visit site
I flashed beans7 and I'm loving it so far. Once problem I'm having is I keep getting a notification that there is insufficient storage for some apps....can anyone advise me? Or is it just a bug?

I'm having the same issues, actually!

npo

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
I'm running JellyBeans build 10 & I'll be travelling in S. America next month. I see that with Verizon's JB update they now call this a global phone... Since Beanstown based this on the Verizon leaked builds, I would guess that I can just call Verizon, get on a global roaming plan and be good to go. Is there anyone reading who has traveled recently and can confirm that this works on JellyBeans? (i.e., Beanstown's custom ROM, not just Android 4.1) I'm specifically interested in GSM countries -- so England, Germany, Italy, France, Colombia for sure, and probably many more.

Thanks!! & yes, I know Verizon's plans are expensive, but I'm not paying the bill... I have the phone through work, & they need me to be accessible at my usual phone #.

Wnrgway

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
Is there anyone reading who has traveled recently and can confirm that this works on JellyBeans? .

I'd also be interested in hearing this. I'd expect it to work, but would love to hear confirmation.

You can adjust your account online if you like. Just add the feature "Global Roaming". Then, under settings, I think it's mobile network, choose global. If you can find it in Beans it may just work.

The only other issue will be getting data. If you're on your Verizon sim card, check the Verizon website to see what service is available in the country you're traveling to. If you're on a 3rd party sim you may need to adjust your APN if you're on a 3rd party sim card. 4.0 and newer don't allow apps to change your apn. What you'll have to do in those cases is to use titanium backup to set the app you're using to change your apn to a system app. It'll work once that's done. Make sure you backup your original APN's if you do this.

npo

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
Thanks. Yes, Global Roaming is indeed selectable in settings. But since I need to be 100% sure it will work (since I need to be accessible on my reg. phone #) I hope someone here will chime in & confirm that it worked for them. Otherwise I'll probably chicken out and load rooted, debloated stock jb before I travel.

Wnrgway

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
Thanks. Yes, Global Roaming is indeed selectable in settings. But since I need to be 100% sure it will work (since I need to be accessible on my reg. phone #) I hope someone here will chime in & confirm that it worked for them. Otherwise I'll probably chicken out and load rooted, debloated stock jb before I travel.

You could always do a nandroid backup of stock jb and beans. It would only take a few minutes to switch between the two. In any case, I'll be going overseas in a month and I'll check out Beans. I'll ditch AOSP while I'm away anyway.

mrshickadance9

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Running build 10 and all data seems to be not working all of the sudden. Phone works, just no 3g or 4g. I force closed the phone because it was sucking battery. Could that have done it? I have rebooted twice with no luck...

npo

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
Thanks, great idea! I'll load rooted stock, activate global roaming, create a nandroid backup, then load Beans' latest and activate global roaming on that. I expect everything will work fine once I'm in S. America, but if it doesn't I can load the rooted stock backup. Not sure which of us is traveling 1st, but I'll report what works here as soon as I know.

You could always do a nandroid backup of stock jb and beans. It would only take a few minutes to switch between the two. In any case, I'll be going overseas in a month and I'll check out Beans. I'll ditch AOSP while I'm away anyway.

jhaire08

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
Is anyone having the issue that I'm having? If I lock my screen while in landscape, my phone freezes up and only the lock button and home button work. Both buttons will make the screen light up but everything else is just frozen.

xderiwx

Aug 17, 2012
Visit site
Is anyone having the issue that I'm having? If I lock my screen while in landscape, my phone freezes up and only the lock button and home button work. Both buttons will make the screen light up but everything else is just frozen.

I think you're describing a known issue. If you're using any other lockscreen option other than stock TW, you need to go into lock screen settings and uncheck ripple effect. I use the AOSP lock screen with the ripple effect off, and no lock ups in landscape. Its documented on the main post for the Beans ROMs at XDA.

Wnrgway

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
Ok, so I can confirm that you can swap apn's on beans13. I was able to connect to data on DTAC data in Thailand. I believe it uses edge.

Wnrgway

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
For those that are curious, I'm using apn manager pro. I used titanium backup to change it to a system app, the insert option to enter the apn info, and then swap to change between Dtac and Verizon.

Last edited:

npo

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
To follow up from my previous posts, I'm travelling in S. America now (specifically Colombia), and both voice and data work flawlessly with Jelly Beans build 13. Just had to call Verizon and choose a global roaming plan before I left (paid for by my work, fortunately), and turn on global roaming in the settings.

gregurbo1

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
If anyone here on beans wants to switch to aosp I recommend AOKP newest release of 4.2. Its just as fast as pure aosp and it has all the added extras. Plus I got 17 hours of battery life with 3 on screen yesterday.

Hey, what ROM are you using these days?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay