How goes CleanRom 5.0?

truthfamilyfaith

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm on Synergy 118 and am wondering if any user could tell me their experience on it. Thinking of switching to cleanRom. Cosmetically is their even a difference?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

truthfamilyfaith

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
Good to know man cause I seem to be getting some lag and bugs on Synergy. I think I'll give it the old collage try

sparkomatic

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
+1 for CleanROM 5.0!

It's great! I've tried stock Jelly Bean and it's good too but I actually do like some of the TW features and CleanROM works great for me. Just waitin' for 4.2.1 to be part of it now :)

truthfamilyfaith

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
Ya I'm on It right now.its pretty smooth.can't really tell the dif from this synergy.but I've only beem on it for a few hours

Bigfire

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Rooted only about 2 weeks ago, deciding I'd had enough waiting for VZW to add their bloatware to release JB for the device. Installed CR4.5 and loved it, and when 5.0 came out recently I installed asap. Can tell the project butter is now in play and have really not found any glitches of note. I love the folder animations in this rom!

Srambo217

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
Shoot, I got the 'modified system' screen when I flashed it (yes, my bootloader was unlocked).

Sent From My Rooted/Modded SGSIII - If I've helped you please click 'Thanks'!

Bigfire

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Tried using my Mobile Hotspot option for the first time this morning and it didn't work. I downloaded a VZW sign in app to be able to use their 'my mobile account' information, so is there something I missed about using the hotspot with a rooted device?

Kurpaige#IM

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Same problem here but the VZW sign in app won't let me sign in so I can't use the my mobile app. I can use it if I use nova so its kinda working just not in TW.

mrshickadance9

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I'm running cleanrom 5.0 and it's good overall, however I've noticed lately that the battery life is atrocious. I didn't wipe the davlik cache before I flashed the rom a couple days ago. Could that be the reason?

scraptacular

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
I have pretty good battery life on Clean Rom, so I doubt the rom itself is the issue. For example, right now I am at 77% after 11 hours and 1 hour of screen time.

psyjohn

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
CleanRom 5 has been great for me but if you're thinking about flashing you might want to wait a few days. The dev has stated he will have version 6 out soon (based on the latest vzw leak).

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
CleanRom 5 has been great for me but if you're thinking about flashing you might want to wait a few days. The dev has stated he will have version 6 out soon (based on the latest vzw leak).

CR 5.5 is now out, based on new leak. CR 5.0 is running so well I doubt I'll flash it (or at least I'll wait to see if there's a worth while reason to). Doubt you could go wrong with either one.

Battery life has been phenominal. Went to a football game this past sunday with 4 friends, all of which had iPhones. We were all using our phones all day, but by the time the game ended, they all had 10% or less battery remaining...I had 60%, and was able to stream Red Zone channel via NFL Mobile app as we waited to leave the parking lot, then pulled up Google maps to help us find a shorter route home. Every one of them was like, "Wow...that makes my iPhone look like a piece of junk". Definitely owe just a little bit of that to Clean Rom and how smooth it runs.

Dizzo1992

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
Could you provide a link for the new clean rom? And on a scale from 1-10 how difficult is it to get running?

The amazing galaxy s3 :D

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
Could you provide a link for the new clean rom? And on a scale from 1-10 how difficult is it to get running?

Here is the link: [ROM][12/11] - CleanROM 5.5.1 -★| Redefining Performance and Stability (Again)! |★- - xda-developers

Your second question is much harder to answer...because we don't know your starting point. Are you rooted? Familiar with rooting and installing ROMs?

CleanROM is Touchwiz based and built off the S3 JellyBean leak; it also has an Aroma installer -- therefore compared to other ROMs it's very easy to get running. If you're asking "Is it easy for someone with no knowlege of rooting or installing ROMs to do?", then that's a different story (and all relative to your comfort level of tinkering with "computer stuff").

Dizzo1992

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
Alright thank you :) I am currently not rooted might look into it or wait for the clean rom 6 which is supposed to come out soon I believe. Thanks for the help though!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital