"updating" flashed roms on a rooted and unlocked phone

pmarus78

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
I am running clean rom 5.0,and I see a newer version is available. What do I need to do to get it on my phone? Do I do the same thing I did when I first flashed it and wipe the phone? Or is there a other way I have to do? thanks in advance

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
I am running clean rom 5.0,and I see a newer version is available. What do I need to do to get it on my phone? Do I do the same thing I did when I first flashed it and wipe the phone? Or is there a other way I have to do? thanks in advance

IF you're already running CR 5.0 it's *probably* ok to "dirty flash" 5.5 on top of it (install it without wiping system/factory reset). As always, you still will want to wipe cache and dalvik.

I say "probably" because there's always a higher risk involved when doing a dirty flash, and the doing a full wipe is always the safest way to avoid issues, however with minor updates like this you're probably fine.

Also, for what it's worth, the changes from 5.0 to 5.5 seem pretty minor...I honestly don't know if it's worth upgrading if you're happy with how it's running now. I'm still running 5.0 and have already decided I'm skipping this update.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol