Yellow triangle of death PLEASE HELP!

Austin Thompson1

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
I have installed the drivers and odin, but when i get into odin and click PDA it brings me to my documents and i cant find the driver so i cant reset my phone.....So right now it is just on the triangle of death...

Last edited:

schneid

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
I found out where the problem was. Following this guide [GUIDE] Root for Jelly Bean OTA ***UPDATED 1/29*** - xda-developers I wasn't using "fixed" SuperSU_Bootloader_FIXED dot zip. For some reason the other bootloader linked on this guide wasn't working for me. Flashed the "fixed" bootloader via CWM recovery and was able to flash CWM10 with no issues. Like CWM10 :)
Given other family members are running TouchWiz 4.1.1, I tried again by downloading another CleanROM 5.6 zip and flashed via CWM recovery. After waiting a few minutes for the animated multi-color X to do its thing, I am back in business.

That's what nailed me. You have to unlock the bootloader or subsequent installs will YTOD.

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
That's what nailed me. You have to unlock the bootloader or subsequent installs will YTOD.
Cool, sounds like you are unlocked? Some of the details can be tricky to nail down, especially as you're learning. I made the mistake of grabbing what I thought was an unlocked boot loader, but apparently it wasn't. No negative waves intended for the those who put together the Guide, it was all me :)

Mr.Gadget

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
So, how do I use the i535 stock ZIP with Odin? A zip is not an option...
...EDIT: Grabbing the i535/COMBINATION_I535VRBLK3_I535VZWBLK3_381038_REV09_user_low_ship.tar.md5 from Goo.im right now. Hope this works!

Last edited:

anthony cavazos

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
i have gs3 i535 and last time i installed cynogen it said software unortherized by verizon take to nearest store for help....how can i install it without that popping up??...

zeuseeker

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
Hello guys PLS Help! I am in the same position with my s3 but in my case I can boot into Oden but while using odin to reflash it starts out good by fails half way and this has increase my count to more than 10. I have tried both stock rom and custom rom for my carrier and model (Boost Mobil samsung galaxy SPH-710) that I am considering sending it to Samsung which will automatically void my warranty which was my reason in the first place that I tried to unroot. Any suggestion or help will be greatly appreciated!

AshokML

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
Hi Yesterday night I ran into the same issue while trying to update my galaxy s2 i9100 from older JB to newer 4.1.2 ZSMSA version. I am using Mac for this purpose, so obviously I had to use Heimdall (version used 1.3.2 also tried with 1.3.1) I could connect the device on download mode only after unloading several drivers
$ sudo kextunload -b com.devguru.driver.SamsungComposite
$ sudo kextunload -b com.devguru.driver.SamsungACMData
$ sudo kextunload -b com.devguru.driver.SamsungACMControl
I heard from XDA developers forum, Heimdall or Windows equivalent Odin works only after doing so.
while everything went good. I downloaded my PIT files from my galaxy, then loaded it in PIT column under flash tab in Heimdall (also chosen the repartition option), then added the kernel (.tar.md5 file) under partition name and file before starting the flash . Got the message Flash completed successfully.
But now my galaxy is stuck with the Yellow sign :(

If I understand the earlier discussion on this topic correctly, it is necessary to unload certain drivers to enable the Heimdall or Odin to flash the device, but it is also important to have the drivers in order to reboot the device. It sounds I am stuck in a vicious loop :-\ . Guys, help me out! :confused:

I tried installing kies after flashing it didn?t help. If I install it before flashing I think I can?t flash (or I have to do the same unloading of specific drivers which are needed later)

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Here's the writeup that I put together for Kies on a PC - I'd assume that it's similar to how it works on a MAC.

- if you don't already have the Kies software installed on your PC, download it (just search Google) and install it. The first time it runs it'll update itself to the latest version so make sure you run it once before proceeding.
- put your phone in Download mode: with the phone completely off, press and hold the Volume Down and Home and Power buttons simultaneously, and release them all when you see the Samsung splash screen
- connect the phone to your PC with the USB cable that came with the phone
-- if you've never had the phone connected to your Windows-based computer before, you'll see messages about installing drivers, etc - just wait until this is done (may take 5 or 10 minutes) [I don't know what happens if you have a Mac - it probably just works]
- in the Kies software, select the second item in the Tools menu and just follow the prompts to enter the model number (in CAPS) and IMEI/Serial Number (both found under the battery - it's ok to remove the battery at this point)
- the Kies software should start downloading the correct firmware for your phone from the Internet; once that's done (depending on your Internet connection speed) it'll begin downloading that to the phone (this probably takes 10 minutes or so)

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4