Rooted GS3 Not Appearing In Windows (Help!)

itsabarrier

Mar 6, 2013
Visit site
Recently I had to flash my GS3 back to stock due to the VZW "Not Authorized" error message. I did a lot of digging but finally figured it out. However, when I was re-rooting the phone, I realized I hadn't placed the correct files on my SD Card but had wiped my phone and cache already, so I had to reboot the phone so that I could put the files on my card and flash the new ROM. The only problem is that for some reason my computer refuses to recognize my S3. It appears in the device manager under "Other Devices" with a yellow triangle over it. It almost seems that there's something wrong with the drivers suddenly, but I can't seem to fix the problem. It also is not recognized by ODIN when I boot it up in ODIN mode and connect it to the computer.

Can anyone help me out? Thanks!

EDIT: After placing the necessary files onto my SD card and flashing the correct ROM onto my phone, my computer still refuses to correctly recognize my S3.

Last edited:

blade22222

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Re: Rooter GS3 Not Appearing In Windows (Help!)

Do you have up to date drivers on your computer?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

itsabarrier

Mar 6, 2013
Visit site
Re: Rooter GS3 Not Appearing In Windows (Help!)

I do. I've uninstalled and reinstalled them via Kies and without Kies multiple times, but it doesn't seem to change anything.

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
If I remember correctly, you might be able to download an older but still compatible USB driver. I did this when I originally setup Odin. Something to consider if there are issues with the newer driver.

The other thing to consider is that Kies may essentially have a lock on the USB driver, thus preventing Odin from accessing the S3. I have Odin setup in my Windows 7 VM, and Kies on the Mac. When the VM is running I dedicate the S3 USB connection exclusively to Windows 7. This may not match your environment but sharing what I do to ensure no competition for the USB drivers or bus.

Lastly, the old rebooting Windows trick may help to clear out any crud or confusion related to the non-functioning USB state. Power cycling your phone and then reconnecting after the Windows reboot may also be worth a shot if Blades suggestion doesn't pan out.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MickTavia