All I want to do is remove bloatware with titanium back up and dl a few root apps, which is the easiest method out there, I'm not looking to do recoveries or flashing roms.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2
    03-27-2013 10:55 PM
    I guess it depends - are you trying to root your Droid RAZR HD? Or a Verizon Galaxy S III? If the latter, are you already on 4.1.2?
    The easiest method might be to use Odin (on your desktop computer) to flash a pre-rooted stock ROM, but I'll let others chime in - I rooted back when 4.0.4 was current, so I'm not sure if things have changed much with Jelly Bean.

Out of curiosity, why is the bloatware bothering you so much? For the most part, you can either disable it (so that it doesn't run in the background) or hide it in the apps list so that you never even see it.
    What kind of "root apps" were you thinking about downloading? What kind of problem are you trying to solve?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2
    03-28-2013 12:30 AM
    As stated in the previous post, I think you need to tell us what you want to accomplish. If you want improved battery life, the best way to accomplish this would be to flash a custom rom that has removed all the bloatware.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747
    03-28-2013 02:00 AM
    Aye, there's the rub! The easiest way to remove the bloat safely is to use a custom recovery and create a nandroid backup, then flash a custom ROM. Willie nillie removing system apps without a backup is just reckless. Also, with this device, you must effectively perform a factory reset anyway when rooting; it's not the same exploit-and-push-su method that is possible on other devices from the GB era (running without a backup was still dumb then.).
    03-28-2013 04:28 PM
    I will have the S3, I already rooted my Razr, so this is directed towards the s3.

I just like removing the bloatware, I done even want it on my phone. The more ram the better.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2
    03-28-2013 09:56 PM
    The thread at the top of this very forum seems to be well vetted and reliable: http://forums.androidcentral.com/ver...-sch-i535.html Read the directions carefully. Then read the entire thread so you can learn from the experiences of others. Then re-read the instructions. When you're ready to root, go through the instructions carefully, one step at a time, reading each instruction twice before doing it. (As carpenters say "measure twice, cut once" ). I'd suggest reading at least one step ahead, too, so you know what's coming next. The S3 is actually a very easy phone to root. As long as you pay attention to what you're doing you should have no issues.

You don't need to flash a custom ROM to remove bloatware, and until you've spent a lot of time reading and understanding the pros and cons of custom ROMs, and the issues and benefits of specific ROMs, I'd suggest you just root for now. Then, before you actually delete any apps, install Titanium Backup Pro and use it to "freeze" any apps you want to remove. If everything continues to run fine for a few days, then you might consider actually removing them. But use TiB to back up apps before removing them, so you can get them back if you change your mind. If you search the Verizon S3 forums you should find a list of applications people have been able to "remove" without causing problems.

But I agree with GSDer. You can disable most of these apps in the Application manager without rooting. Actually deleting them is an advantage only if you're running out of storage.
    04-03-2013 12:40 PM