Can't get into custom recovery to reset flash counter

Soapinmouth

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
I have a galaxy s3 that I'm sending back for a warranty replacement, so I flashed it back to stock then when I tried to install a custom recovery so I could get triangle away I can't boot into recovery it just goes to a black screen and reboots instead. I've tried flashing back to stock tried flashing TWRP and CWM, but the same thing happens. The weird thing is when I go back to stock the normal recovery will work. Any help please I need to send back this phone within 10 days.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I have a galaxy s3 that I'm sending back for a warranty replacement, so I flashed it back to stock then when I tried to install a custom recovery so I could get triangle away I can't boot into recovery it just goes to a black screen and reboots instead. I've tried flashing back to stock tried flashing TWRP and CWM, but the same thing happens. The weird thing is when I go back to stock the normal recovery will work. Any help please I need to send back this phone within 10 days.
Are you flashing a kernel (w/cwm recovery) for Touchwiz or AOSP/CM? You need to make sure you install the approprite kernel in order for cwm to work.

Soapinmouth

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
Are you flashing a kernel (w/cwm recovery) for Touchwiz or AOSP/CM? You need to make sure you install the approprite kernel in order for cwm to work.

I didn't flash any kernel just the porcelain than recovery as it said in the guide on rootzwiki stickied. Then it said to flash root.zip in recovery but I can't get into recovery after that.

Is there any way to root without a custom recovery?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Last edited: