Not sure this will work BUT here's my question

neocrypter

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
this is going to cover 3 carriers and a lot of headaches be warned, and if you are wondering why I am posting this here, it is because of the phones hardware config

I have the cricket Galaxy s3 which hardware wise is identical to the i535 think mine is model 530 dont have it in front of me atm, anyway I am moving to an area where cricket dose not have service, and thus i am switching to t-mobile. I have seen videos where people have successfully switched the i535 to gsm mode, and stuck in a tmobile sim and it worked. cricket dose not have the same options under network that the vzw rom dose, so I am trying to install the vzw stock rom on my phone. I am using an odin flash but it wont get past the qualcomm secure boot it keeps failing.

Basically my question boils down to anyone know how to switch an s3 over to vzw's stock firmware so i can use my phone on tmobile I am sure it has to be possible given the fact the phones are identical hardware but apparently I am failing on the research side of things and I'm looking for a bit of help.

thanks in advance for taking the time to read this mess. Oh and I payed retail for my S3 hence why im am fanatical about moving it to a new carrier with me instead of just getting a new phone. I am willing to try risky things as if i cant get it to switch it is a $600 paperweight anyway aka im not afraid to brick it.

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
this is going to cover 3 carriers and a lot of headaches be warned, and if you are wondering why I am posting this here, it is because of the phones hardware config

I have the cricket Galaxy s3 which hardware wise is identical to the i535 think mine is model 530 dont have it in front of me atm, anyway I am moving to an area where cricket dose not have service, and thus i am switching to t-mobile. I have seen videos where people have successfully switched the i535 to gsm mode, and stuck in a tmobile sim and it worked. cricket dose not have the same options under network that the vzw rom dose, so I am trying to install the vzw stock rom on my phone. I am using an odin flash but it wont get past the qualcomm secure boot it keeps failing.

Basically my question boils down to anyone know how to switch an s3 over to vzw's stock firmware so i can use my phone on tmobile I am sure it has to be possible given the fact the phones are identical hardware but apparently I am failing on the research side of things and I'm looking for a bit of help.

thanks in advance for taking the time to read this mess. Oh and I payed retail for my S3 hence why im am fanatical about moving it to a new carrier with me instead of just getting a new phone. I am willing to try risky things as if i cant get it to switch it is a $600 paperweight anyway aka im not afraid to brick it.

I'm gonna go on a whim here and say that you may be able to flash Verizon firmware using Odin using the Verizon s3 Odin package. However don't take my word 100 percent. I have never done the process myself so I can guarantee it works. I've only used Odin to originally root my s3, never to flash firmware.

Sprint GS3 Running TN's Msg and Chubbs

neocrypter

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the input, ive been trying this evening to do just that, but odin will not let me, well rather qualcomm secure boot will not let me, Im not sure if it will fix the issue anyway, the phone will not detect anyother sim card other then the cricket LTE card that is in it, funny thing is they piggy back VZW's network and i even tried a VZW sim in it an it will not see it, acts completely as if there is no sim in the socket.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke