So yeah maybe some of you have seen my previous posts.I was unable to root after getting my S3 from verizon a few days ago,I believe because the OTA installed automatically while I was driving home.Then I booted into recovery,did a factory reset and I was able to follow method 2 in the rooting sticky to the letter (Using Odin).Followed all procedures unlocking bootloader etc.I had Superuser and I was able to run SuperUser apps.Had a busy day yesterday and didn't do anything else with the phone.I know the Verizon OTA installed sometime last night.Now I don't have the ability to boot into recovery or download mode (Home-Volume Up-Power;Home-Volume Down-Power).Also my Super user apps don't function.I can open SuperUser and see the apps but the apps themselves say granted super user access but you can't complete any of the app functions.The screen just stays where it is and never reacts to app commands.
    That is one heck of a 'Security Update' by our pals at Verizon.
    Wondering if anyone else has experienced this and if/when a fix may be coming.
    Thanks
    08-04-2013 11:57 AM
    You shouldn't ever take an OTA with a rooted device. You should hook your device up to a computer and use ADB (part of the android sdk) to reboot into recovery, then factory reset and see if you can reboot into download mode to fix it properly.
    08-04-2013 07:39 PM
    You shouldn't ever take an OTA with a rooted device. You should hook your device up to a computer and use ADB (part of the android sdk) to reboot into recovery, then factory reset and see if you can reboot into download mode to fix it properly.
    I was actually able to get into download mode and go back to stock.I am now finally rooted and running Jelly Bean.Lots of options but stock may be a little smoother.I'll keep playing around.synergy sounds interesting and Clean may be for me as well.I just want fast,no ads and stable.Of course Windows and other tricks would be nice.
    Scott Kenyon likes this.
    08-04-2013 09:46 PM