I'm stuck on the splash screen after attempting to go back to stock from cm 10.1.2. It ran fine in Odin but now it boot up all the way. Suggestions please?
    08-09-2013 08:17 PM
    There's no way to tell what you actually loaded in Odin since you didn't provide a link, and you didn't state whether you cleared the cache and Dalvik cache (using your alternate recovery) before using Odin.

Rather than trying to provide you with links, etc, I'll suggest the cleanest solution - install the Kies software on your PC and use that to ensure that you get the correct firmware. It'll prompt you for the model number (be sure to enter it in all CAPS) and IMEI (both listed under the battery) and only takes 10 minutes or so.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2
    1man3daughters likes this.
    08-10-2013 01:48 PM
    Im ready to toss my new Verizon Samsung S3!!I have tried unlocking, rooting and everything in between!!! my phone does not get past the "downloading....Do not turn off target!!" screen. I have ticked the usb debugging and install unknown sources in the settings. Im trying to use Odin for this and it too does not pick up and show my device.

What can I Do as I am sooooo frustrated and the phone is useless to me as it is!!!!
    08-22-2013 01:35 PM
    If the phone is booting up in Download mode, and you're not explicitly pressing the key combination to cause that, then it sounds like you buggered something up pretty badly in your "unlocking and rooting" spree. Once the phone is in Download mode it'll stay there until you actually download something or pull the battery.

Forgetting all of the stuff that got you into this mess, the first thing to do is to make sure your PC has the correct drivers installed to recognize the phone. After the phone boots up in Download mode, THEN you should connect it via USB. If Odin doesn't recognize that a phone is connected, try a different USB port on the computer.

You could try installing the Kies software on your PC - it'll install the correct drivers for the phone (do this without the phone plugged in). If that works, you can actually use the Kies software to flash the correct firmware.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2
    08-23-2013 05:19 PM