Illusion ROM vs Jelly beans ROM vs Eclipse ROM vs Carbon ROM? Verizon S3

junowatitis15

Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys, I'm stuck in a big decision here... I liked all of these ROMS but I don't know which one to go for. For all I know ,3 of them are AOSP and one is 4.1.2 but that doesn't matter to me cause I just wanna stay with one. I'm literally flashing each of these Roms twice a day because I just don't know which to pick. Can you guys help me with this hard decision because I'm getting tired of flashing every single day lol. And if you guys can give me your opinions and list the positive and negative of each ROM than I'll be the happiest person alive! Thanks

Posted via Android Central App

sooner7

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
Any and all AOSP roms will have many similarities. The things you should look for are battery life, performance, and user experience. Don't focus on benchmarks because they mean nothing.
A rule of thumb is run a rom for 3 days or so, that way you can accurately gauge performance and battery life.
When I had an S3 (and now my S4) I used/use Liquid Smooth. It is the fastest and smoothest ROM with the best battery life - for me. I recommend that.

For touchwiz ROMs you really can't beat Beanstown's Jelly Beans ROM. Hope this helped...

lou1210

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Personally, I'm on carbon 1.8 and the ROM is smooth and stable. The battery life is good but I usually disable things like wireless, 4g and Bluetooth when my phone is sitting. I've been able to get a full day or more and that's with heavy use when I am using it. I too would like to flash a new ROM. I am thinking liquid but with things running well I may just stay. I am looking forward to carbon's 4.3 ROM though.

Sent from my rooted Samsung Galaxy S3 using Taptalk.

junowatitis15

Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Personally, I'm on carbon 1.8 and the ROM is smooth and stable. The battery life is good but I usually disable things like wireless, 4g and Bluetooth when my phone is sitting. I've been able to get a full day or more and that's with heavy use when I am using it. I too would like to flash a new ROM. I am thinking liquid but with things running well I may just stay. I am looking forward to carbon's 4.3 ROM though.

Sent from my rooted Samsung Galaxy S3 using Taptalk.

Liquidsmooth runs good on the Verizon s3 but I just want to know which kernels are available for fast charging ,battery and performance

benbigtruck

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
i just flashed eclipse 5 4.2.2 & it's been great. I've been on quite a few aosp lately and i really like them over tw... try out eclipse tho, it's kind of got me sprung! oh yeah, Verizon s3(obviously??)

lou1210

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
I've been using the carbon nightly 4.3 ROMS for about a month and everything has been running pretty well. You might try that one.

Sent from my Carbon rooted Samsung Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk.

kicks

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I've been using the carbon nightly 4.3 ROMS for about a month and everything has been running pretty well. You might try that one.

Sent from my Carbon rooted Samsung Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk.

What kernel are you using? That's one area where I feel my android knowledge is lacking

lou1210

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm using the one that comes with the ROM. I've heard lean kernel is pretty good and there at least 1 or 2 others.

Sent from my Liquid Smooth rooted Samsung Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk.

lou1210

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
I was using the one that came with it. I've since switched ROMs to liquid smooth unofficial 3.0.

Sent from my Liquid Smooth rooted Samsung Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk.

Bleezy

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Ive been using BoneStock v3.4 for the last couple of weeks and I have not found any flaws at all. In fact my battery life has greatly improved and I can now use tethering haha. Def give it a shot if you're looking for a stock feel rom. I am pretty picky when it comes to roms and like I said I havent found any issues at all. I plan on staying with this rom until 4.3 or hopefully 4.4 roms come out.

[ROM] BoneStock v3.4 (VRBMF1) 8/24/13 - xda-developers

Comp625

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Ive been using BoneStock v3.4 for the last couple of weeks and I have not found any flaws at all. In fact my battery life has greatly improved and I can now use tethering haha. Def give it a shot if you're looking for a stock feel rom. I am pretty picky when it comes to roms and like I said I havent found any issues at all. I plan on staying with this rom until 4.3 or hopefully 4.4 roms come out.

[ROM] BoneStock v3.4 (VRBMF1) 8/24/13 - xda-developers

If you decide to stay with Touchwiz and Android 4.1.2, I also recommend BoneStock. It was (for me) the least buggy and smoothest of the Touchwiz ROM's.

For me, I am thinking about jumping to one of the custom 4.3 ROM's (mainly because I really, really, really need to fix my Bluetooth woes that were broken when Google transitioned from ICS to JB). Probably will go the Liquid side myself.

abtxpress

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
Myself I prefer CyanogenMod. I'm running CM 10.2 m1 with Google 4.4 launcher and Android KitKat theme. I removed the stock SMS app and use hangouts for default messenger. Can't wait for CM 11.

del wade

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
I personally love jelly beans roms. Build 18.i use it as a daily driver. Have had it for 3 months now. Alot of mods and always stable. Definitely worth a try. I've tried many others and never as satisfied as this one.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1