Verizon S3 to Straight Talk

whosnxt

Mar 17, 2014
Visit site
Im new here my name is Travis I have a question I dont really have time to read all these posts its prob the answer to ? Is probably in here but I have verizon s3 still on verizon but want to go to st I need to know if I can get 4g with my phone and need to know if I need my verizon sim to do so. Thanks for any info

whosnxt

Mar 17, 2014
Visit site
Forgot to add androin version 4.3
and im wanting to stay on verizon network phone is totally stock no modifications lol its like im talkin about my old race car lol

whosnxt

Mar 17, 2014
Visit site
Some guy with a st s3 told he was told if u dont have a sim card in it, it would only get 3g and his st talk phone didnt come with one.

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Im new here my name is Travis I have a question I dont really have time to read all these posts its prob the answer to ? Is probably in here but I have verizon s3 still on verizon but want to go to st I need to know if I can get 4g with my phone and need to know if I need my verizon sim to do so. Thanks for any info

Hello and welcome to the forums!
Short answer: No.
I suggest you read this 👇

I have been using my Galaxy S3 from Verizon Model Number SCH I-535 on Straight Talk for the past 1 Year. No issues at all.
Talk works,
Text works
SMS works
MMS Works
All features works, both I can send or receive SMS and MMS and Picture Messaging and Calls
But Data is limited to only 2G or EDGE, because frequencies are not supported. But other than that, everything should be fine.

With Android 4.1.2 update released on Dec. 12, 2012, Verizon made the SGS3 a global phone, which means, no unlocking required at all. Aftre You update to 4.1.2 stock ROM also, You can still use the GSM SIM cards.
I did use Simple Mobile, before I moved to Straight Talk for Good. Got a 1 Year card. No issues at all. Of course data is one more issue.
If I were You, put a ad in craigslist, and exchange Your SGS3 with that of a T Mobile or AT&T SGS3 and then, Use it, to get the best data speeds as well, since You were planning to move out of verizon for good.
But data limit for AT&T is 2.5 GB LTE but for T-Mobile it is unlimited but the coverage is a big problem. Please check Your local coverage.

Sent From Inside The TARDIS in a Galaxy S4 Away!

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Some guy with a st s3 told he was told if u dont have a sim card in it, it would only get 3g and his st talk phone didnt come with one.

For better understanding and to find out how many people here have done it, read the steps to follow (there are pictures too). 👇

NOV 21 2013

I have a Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3 SCH i535 (WITH MICRO SIM) and wanted to swap to straight talk. Long story short it works and im using internet and all.
I called at first and talked to straight talk and they said no it wont work with my phone. I was disappointed because I spent $63.92 and the drive to walmart was about 25 mins.
So I decided to try it anyway what the hell right? walmart said i had 14 days to bring back the kit and get full refund so i gave it a shot.
In the kit contains 4 sim cards, 2 regular size sim and 2 micro sims. 2 for att 2 for t-mobile. So I decided to try the micro sim for att.

STEP 1 Go to straighttalk.com to the activation screen follow the steps to activate the sim.

STEP 2 Get your Samsung Galaxy S3 SCH-i535 (Verizon Only) go to settings , more settings, mobile networks, network mode (switch to GSM/UMTS)

STEP 3 Turn off phone, remove verizon micro sim, insert att sim from Straight talk, turn phone back on wait a few moments and try to make a call to a friend so you can get your new phone #. You will recieve a txt later with your number from Straight talk. If it doesn't work immediately please be patient and double check you are in GSM mode.

STEP 4 To get network working. Go to settings, more settings, mobile networks, access point names.
you will see LTE - Verizon Internet grayed out. hit the setting button (lower left on phone below screen) select add new access point.
Enter only the settings listed below:
Name : Straight Talk
APN : tfdata
Port : 80
MMSC : http://mms-tf.net
MMS Proxy : mms3.tracfone.com
MMS Port : 80

Next
Select the APN you just created.
(You can also find these settings at Straight Talk's web site)
Network is working just fine for me but I notice where it used to say 4G lte it says just "E" with up and down arrows showing transfer data. But its fully functional. Happy satisfied and never had to root anything or hack or whatever the kids do these days. So before I end this post i would like to say Pandora works just fine facebook app and others, But you cannot have an active call and internet at the same time. I really cant remember if verizon does that or not oh well bye bye verizon.
View attachment 93354

View attachment 93356

View attachment 93357

View attachment 93358

View attachment 93359

View attachment 93361

View attachment 93362

Sent From Inside The TARDIS in a Galaxy S4 Away!

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Yup. 2g edge only when I tested it as well

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

whosnxt

Mar 17, 2014
Visit site
Thanks stargate for all the info I was hoping to stay on verizon towers cause att dont work as good around here and tmoble I add terrible here. So verizon st service is only 2g. I checked st site it said my phone was compatible with st?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Thanks stargate for all the info I was hoping to stay on verizon towers cause att dont work as good around here and tmoble I add terrible here. So verizon st service is only 2g. I checked st site it said my phone was compatible with st?

The Verizon s3 can only be used on StraightTalk att or tmobile. AFAIK, If you want to use Verizon straight talk then you have to use a phone from straight talk

whosnxt

Mar 17, 2014
Visit site
I know this is a droid forum and all but quick ? I have a iphone 4 at home its verizon also I check on the site strait talk and it said it would work will it get verizon towers or will it have to be on att network?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I know this is a droid forum and all but quick ? I have a iphone 4 at home its verizon also I check on the site strait talk and it said it would work will it get verizon towers or will it have to be on att network?

Did you check here?

http://www.stbyop.com/straighttalk/?fullscreen=true

If it says compatible then it should work on Verizon network as the Verizon iPhone 4 doesn't have gsm radios.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Let us know how it goes!

whosnxt

Mar 17, 2014
Visit site
Im just trying to get my ducks in a row I cant switch now cause im still under contract. I did however switch my dads phonevto strait talk he on my verizon plan his contract was up hes just got a dumb phone but it changed over perfect text still works and u can surf the internet a little with it and still on verizon network.

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Im just trying to get my ducks in a row I cant switch now cause im still under contract. I did however switch my dads phonevto strait talk he on my verizon plan his contract was up hes just got a dumb phone but it changed over perfect text still works and u can surf the internet a little with it and still on verizon network.

👍

Sent From The Pegassus Galaxy With My GS4

chtipton45424

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
Does your phone say AT&T now when you are connected? I was using the T-Mobile SIM and switched to trying the AT&T one but it still say T-Mobile even though I am using the AT&T SIM and settings.

Shy Monroe

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
Does anyone know how I can get my data and mms working on my verizon galaxy s3 I'm suppose to have edge but my apn settings won't come up its a blank screen

Posted via Android Central App

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Do you have the latest update from Verizon?

anon(6142785)

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
I have an gsm S3 from verizon,and I want to go to Straight Talk because I'm sick of paying $150 a mnth for service,and constantly being told I'm going over 8gb of data, How do I unlock the phone? I've been trying to research on how to,and have a few blogs and such,but I can't find certain files like clockwork mod recovery. I'm not too sure how to do this, so please,if anyone can post a link, destructions, etc, It'd be appreciated. Also,I have searched here,but I get nosebleeds trying to understand what's what.I'm not a technological inept fool,but smart phone hacking is a brand new game to me,so I would like some guidance. Thanks

You'll be sorry.

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2