Slim Bean bluetooth randomly playes media audio through headset

judgenot

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Hello,

I have a Samsung Galaxy S3(SCH-I535) and I'm running Slim Bean's 4.2.2 Rom build 8. I never really noticed this before because I haven't used a bluetooth headset that often. Now I use it a lot and I notice that even though in settings I have "media audio" unchecked for the Platronics Voyager Legend(bluetooth headset), it will start playing media through the headset randomly. For example, yesterday I was texting and suddenly the sound that is supposed to be played through the phone speaker for an incoming text started playing through the headset. Is there anyway to fix this issue? This also happens when streaming music using pandora as well at times, and once it has changed to playing through the headset, I have to turn the headset off and back on or it will continue to do so. Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hello,

I have a Samsung Galaxy S3(SCH-I535) and I'm running Slim Bean's 4.2.2 Rom build 8. I never really noticed this before because I haven't used a bluetooth headset that often. Now I use it a lot and I notice that even though in settings I have "media audio" unchecked for the Platronics Voyager Legend(bluetooth headset), it will start playing media through the headset randomly. For example, yesterday I was texting and suddenly the sound that is supposed to be played through the phone speaker for an incoming text started playing through the headset. Is there anyway to fix this issue? This also happens when streaming music using pandora as well at times, and once it has changed to playing through the headset, I have to turn the headset off and back on or it will continue to do so. Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks

Welcome to the forums!
Is build 8 the first ROM you flashed to?

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
No. The first ROM I flashed was build 6, then 7, then 8. I did a wipe cache and dalvik wipe before each upgrade; however, I never did a factory reset as it didn't seem necessary.

Rule of thumb for flashing any ROM is doing all three. Slim even suggests to wipe /system for flashing.

Sent from a SlimROM S3.

judgenot

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Ok, so I did a full wipe including format/system then reinstalled slim bean's build 8 for verizon S3(d2vzw) and also reinstalled slim gapps 4.2.2. As of now the bluetooth issue seems to be resolved and I find it even connects quicker. I appreciate the advice and will update if any issue arises.

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Ok, so I did a full wipe including format/system then reinstalled slim bean's build 8 for verizon S3(d2vzw) and also reinstalled slim gapps 4.2.2. As of now the bluetooth issue seems to be resolved and I find it even connects quicker. I appreciate the advice and will update if any issue arises.

Glad it worked. Thanks for posting the result.

Sent from a SlimROM S3.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol