I have a verizon gs3 obvi. But i have rooted and unlocked the bootloader and am currently on a 4.3 CarbonRom. I want to go back to stock, and then just root from there again because id much rather have the stock tw feel (dont like the touch wiz roms) and have it rooted. i have no idea the guides are kinda misleading to me and i cant find the files. can somebody help me?
    11-09-2013 02:03 PM
    I have a verizon gs3 obvi. But i have rooted and unlocked the bootloader and am currently on a 4.3 CarbonRom. I want to go back to stock, and then just root from there again because id much rather have the stock tw feel (dont like the touch wiz roms) and have it rooted. i have no idea the guides are kinda misleading to me and i cant find the files. can somebody help me?
    Welcome to Android Central
    You'd need to flash Stock Firmware to get it back to stock, unrooted.
    Go on SamMobile and search for your specific phone to get the firmware
    11-09-2013 02:24 PM
    Have you looked at xda? They have stock rooted roms over there.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AC Forums mobile app
    11-09-2013 02:42 PM
    Have you looked at xda? They have stock rooted roms over there.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AC Forums mobile app
    He said he didn't like stock ROMs
    11-09-2013 02:49 PM
    I want to go back to stock, and then just root from there again
    Seems pretty clear to me that he wanted to go back to stock...

You can use the Kies software on your PC to reload the stock ROM. See below if you're interested, but blade's suggestion about loading a pre-rooted ROM is best.

Here's an overview of what to do:
    - if you don't already have the Kies software installed on your PC, download it (just search Google) and install it. The first time it runs it'll update itself to the latest version so make sure you run it once before proceeding.
    - put your phone in Download mode: with the phone completely off, press and hold the Volume Down and Home and Power buttons simultaneously, and release them all when you see the Samsung splash screen
    - connect the phone to your PC with the USB cable that came with the phone
    -- if you've never had the phone connected to your Windows-based computer before, you'll see messages about installing drivers, etc - just wait until this is done (may take 5 or 10 minutes) [I don't know what happens if you have a Mac - it probably just works]
    - in the Kies software, select the second item in the Tools menu and just follow the prompts to enter the model number (in CAPS) and IMEI/Serial Number (both found under the battery - it's ok to remove the battery at this point)
    - the Kies software should start downloading the correct firmware for your phone from the Internet; once that's done (depending on your Internet connection speed) it'll begin downloading that to the phone (this probably takes 10 minutes or so)

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4
    UJ95x likes this.
    11-09-2013 04:45 PM