[Answered] Anyway To Unbrick? Galaxy S3

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 SPH-L710 BY Sprint and its rooted and hard bricked and the jig isn't working.... Is there any other way for me to unbrick my phone?

Welcome to Android Central :)
If a JTAG didn't work you can try a debricking image. I think xda-developers.com has some
If those don't work you're out of luck :(

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2

Muilisx

Feb 25, 2015
Visit site
I apologize for the bump but thread wasn't THAT old and it truly is the ideal place for my post.

I actually accidentally downloaded a international rom as I got distracted, and totally hard bricked my S3. I only get a ding when I plug into PC via USB. I can't charge it, I can't get into recovery or download mode. In short, no bootloader either. I take responsibility even though I was distracted. Matter of fact, it didn't even say international in the title so maybe if's not 100% my fault but it's all good. I did one of those JTAG service things on ebay for $28 only because I use this as a WIFI device when my phone is charging and I use it a lot so I kind of need it or would like to have it.

I build computers pretty much with my eyes closed but for some reason when it comes to digging deep into the Android OS for some reason I like understand it all but at the same time I don't. I know how to root, and install CWM recovery, and I understand using odin and stuff but when it comes to actually typing in code when it gets to that point that's where I could improve. I actually really want to know more about root and custom roms but I need a phone to practice on and not a device I need.

Luckily, MetroPCS has sales ALL THE TIME. They sometimes have a basic smartphone for around $30 with no rebates or anything just str8 up $30. Usually it's a LG or something decent so there's usually a lot of information about root and custom roms for that specific device instead of getting something a little off like Huawai or something.

Anyway, the S3 comes back tomorrow via USPS, and the guy said everything was 100% so I'm kind of excited to have my S3 back. I MIGHT root it again and give a custom rom another shot but I'm going to really read a lot more about it and make sure I really get the right rom and stuff.

Anyway, thanks for listening.

Pompeo1264

Mar 21, 2016
Visit site
i had it rooted and i was trying to install a better OS on the device and it crashed i have a 32 gig sd for it made by Samsung and now i have to order a card or something if you know maybe about where and what SD i have to order specific ?if not whats jtag or wheres do you send to get fixed?
the new lollipop was the OS i was aiming for im not sure if it is compatible probably not but i should have done more research befor just digging aorund inside ha!

Pompeo1264

Mar 21, 2016
Visit site
it has the same problem with the wont turn on i remove battery and i plug into rog and then i get a red light the im plugged in sound on windows but wont display any info or recognize itself on my pc

Rom-er

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
it has the same problem with the wont turn on i remove battery and i plug into rog and then i get a red light the im plugged in sound on windows but wont display any info or recognize itself on my pc
Can you get to download mode by pressing and holding the volume down+home+power then when you see the caution screen press up. Then you can flash the stock firmware via Odin.

If you can't get to download mode or recovery mode then go to device manager in Windows and see what windows is calling your device when it is connected to your PC, then come here and tell me what it says for your device.