CM 10.2.0 Stable Install

hullface

Nov 30, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone else loaded it on their GS3? Just did and so far so good for me. Just curious if anyone has been running into any issues I should look out for.

anon(749368)

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
I installed last night and the only problem I had was after restoring my apps with Titanium Backup... I kept getting messages that email stopped and gapps stopped. I did a device wipe and manually installed the apps from Playstore and so far no problems. Well, the only issue I have is the voice commands don't work in Google now (using Google experience launcher)

Posted via Android Central App

hullface

Nov 30, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I made the mistake of using Titanium the first time. I had the same problem. In the future try using helium. Worked like a charm for me.

anon(749368)

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Update: thanks to a forum member (Andrew Montgomery2) I solved the voice issue in Google Search. It turned out I didn't have installed the English (US) version under settings:voice: offline speech recognition. Once I downloaded and installed, it worked.

anon(749368)

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Is CM going to push the updates to my phone or do I have to flash the new 4.4 when it comes out. I noticed under settings that it has an update feature and I selected the stable release only.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Is CM going to push the updates to my phone or do I have to flash the new 4.4 when it comes out. I noticed under settings that it has an update feature and I selected the stable release only.
I haven't used CM yet, but I'd guess that you'll only be receiving updates within your baseline (10.2?) - you'll probably have to flash the CM 11 (KitKat) baseline yourself when it comes out.

How was your install experience? I downloaded the 10.2 stable build a week ago but haven't gotten around to installing it.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4

anon(749368)

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Installing it was so easy. Just put the file on my SD card and flashed. Just be mindful there are two files to download.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Just be mindful there are two files to download.
Do you mean the ROM file and GAPPS? Or is there some other file I missed when I went to the CM website?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol