Verizon Galaxy S3 - Can't flash VRALEC Bootchain

ianvancleef

May 31, 2012
Visit site
I'm not entirely sure what I'm doing wrong.
I know to unlock my S3's bootloader, I need to flash VRALEC bootchain.
But every time I try, regardless of what version of Android I'm on, it fails.
It says "Fail (auth)" every time.
And now when I flash a stock rom, it says secure check fail: aboot
PLUS my S3 won't boot up past the Samsung Galaxy S3 logo.
I CAN go into download and recovery.
HOwever when I go to recovery I get errors that "cannot mount /system" cannot mount /data and cannot mount /cache
Any clue why this is happening?
I used every single version of Odin.
If it helps, I'm also on Windows 8.
Thanks guys!

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to the forums!
How about we start with the basics - what firmware was your phone running before this mess? (Assuming that you have an SCH-i535 on Verizon since you're in this thread.)

Can you provide a link to the steps you were following?

Why do you need the bootloader to be unlocked?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

ianvancleef

May 31, 2012
Visit site
It was running 4.3 or something like that.
And I need the bootloader unlocked so I can actually restore my phone, to it's factory settings. Apparently to return to stock, you have to flash the VRALEC bootchain, and an official firmware, both of which failed.
How to Root the Verizon Samsung Galaxy S III Running Android 4.1.2 - TheUnlockr TheUnlockr
I can't find the original xda developers thread I was following for some reason.

- - - Updated - - -

The original post I was following said the same concept applied for 4.3

MrDoh

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
If you have the official stock 4.3 update on your phone with locked bootloader, KNOX, etc., forget it, your bootloader is locked until someone figures out how to get around the latest locking that they've done.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
so I can actually restore my phone, to it's factory settings. Apparently to return to stock, you have to flash the VRALEC bootchain
Forget that bootchain business - once on 4.3 you can't mess with the bootloader.

You can, however, reload the stock 4.3 firmware. Follow the link in this post http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?p=3357249
(4.3 update link) and you should be good to go.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk Pro

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781