When my phone turns on it states "System software not authorized by Verizon Wireless has been found

Arthur Carrion

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
When my phone turns on it states "System software not authorized by Verizon Wireless has been found

I had update so to jellybean 4.3 and rooted my phone. I restarted and noticed a unlocked padlock on samsung start up screen. Once all booted up my wifi was not letting me enable it. I then used Odin to try to recover stock image and when the phone rebooted it states "System software not authorized by Verizon Wireless has been found on your phone. Please turn off your phone and go to the nearest Verizon Wireless store for help. " I took to geek squad who stated they could not help and verizon said they could not help either. Please walk me through fixing step by step and provide me with links as to what all I need. I tried Odin and it runs through loading a stock image but reboots to same message. I just want to restore to factory setting. Please someone help!

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Re: When my phone turns on it states "System software not authorized by Verizon Wireless has been fo

Follow the link in this post http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?p=3357249
(4.3 update link) and you'll be able to use Odin to get back to stock 4.3 (un-rooted).

You should be able to use Saferoot (follow the link in this post http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?p=3348611
[Rooting and 4.3]) without any issues.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

Arthur Carrion

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
Re: When my phone turns on it states "System software not authorized by Verizon Wireless has been fo

I am to the step of being in Oddin and checking off PDA box. When I search for the file "ALL_I535VRUCML1_I535VZWCML1_2198062_REV09_user_low_ship.tar.md5.7z" it does not appear. Is it because of the file extension being md5.7z? Should I rename it as md5 and remove the .7z?

Arthur Carrion

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site

I unzipped file with pea zip and the rest worked great. Phone up and running again! Thanks!

TheBlackOwl

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site

There is an alternative and quick solution if you ever run into this issue ever again and it is tapping the volume and the power button a few times in a row while it is booting up in the unlocked screen code. It bypasses the Verizon error and allows you to boot up into the OS again. Just for your information. Take care.

geNIUX50

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site

i have the same issue!!!!!
how did you solve it?

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site

i have the same issue
Which 'same' issue, and what have you already tried?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk Pro

jwood7707

Dec 24, 2013
Visit site

what is the "unlocked screen code"?

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site

what is the "unlocked screen code"?
Judging by the sparse information provided in the post that you quoted, I believe that the reference was to booting into Download mode, but instead of pressing Volume Up to actually enter Download mode you instead choose to cancel out of that process and the phone then boots normally.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk Pro

mikeman45

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site

You get that locked screen telling you to go to Verizon store because your bootloader is locked. From what I understand 4.3 is still locked so no custom roms or zips can be flashed. You will need to use the stock unrooted 4.3 tar file in of in to get you back.

Sent from my Wicked GS3

schaeffer44

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site

Dude I have to thank you knowing nothing about phones I thought I was screwed. and its still rooted! wow thanks man!

philrewa

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site

So I had the same issue and tried to tap buttons a couple time like someone above suggest but that did nothing. I simply pushed volume down, home and power at the same time. Then it asked a question and I chose to cancel, then it restarted and I hit volume down 2 times at the unlocked screen. I don't think the last step is necessary.....but thats what I did.

Katvail

May 2, 2014
Visit site

How difficult is this process? I had a friend route my phone. Now I am getting the "system software not authorized". I have never preformed a process like this. I don't want to ruin my phone. Please help.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site

Welcome to the forums!
How difficult is this process?
How difficult is what process? There's several different solutions described; some provide a temporary workaround and some a permanent fix.

Why don't you get the friend that rooted the device to solve the problem, since it sounds like it was a result of the rooting that you're getting this error?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

rmarq423

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site

So I had the same issue and tried to tap buttons a couple time like someone above suggest but that did nothing. I simply pushed volume down, home and power at the same time. Then it asked a question and I chose to cancel, then it restarted and I hit volume down 2 times at the unlocked screen. I don't think the last step is necessary.....but thats what I did.

Can I ask for details on your "last step?" I'm able to get to the question (prompt) with "Continue" or "Cancel". However selecting either of those options and pressing various buttons afterwards, does NOT seem to work.

Also what are the consequences to taking it to the Verizon Store? Is it a slap on the wrist? Do they red flag your account?

Tom Harrison1

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site

Thanks, I had the same prob, the info you posted work! Have not rooted it yet but my phone boots now.

drewc00

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site

Hey Guys,

I'm having the same problem with the error message "System software not authorized by Verizon..."

On 4.3 rooted, bootloader still locked.
Was being prompted to update software and once it rebooted I got the screen.

Thanks for the help.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site

Welcome to the forums!
On 4.3 rooted, bootloader still locked.
Was being prompted to update software and once it rebooted I got the screen.
Generally speaking, once your phone is rooted you can no longer accept OTAs. You'll need to use the Kies software or Odin to reload the stock firmware and then reroot.

Sometimes you can boot into Download mode but cancel out at the first screen and the phone will boot normally, but you'll just have the same problem whenever you reboot.

If you decide to use Odin you can find the latest stock firmware http://samsung-updates.com/details/27400/Galaxy_S_3_Verizon/SCH-I535/VZW/I535VRUCNC1.html

drewc00

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site

Thanks!

Are you able to give me instructions or link on how to apply stock firmware using ODIN? Don't want to screw anything up.

Welcome to the forums!Generally speaking, once your phone is rooted you can no longer accept OTAs. You'll need to use the Kies software or Odin to reload the stock firmware and then reroot.

Sometimes you can boot into Download mode but cancel out at the first screen and the phone will boot normally, but you'll just have the same problem whenever you reboot.

If you decide to use Odin you can find the latest stock firmware Samsung Updates - Firmware Download Page