Please help with download mode for warranty issues.

PokeDroid

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
Hi I want to get rid of the Samsung custom boot and also unroot so I can take ota and send my phone in for warranty because my phone is sensitive to charging. I saw guides how to flash via odin . is that the same as download mode? Anyway I cannot understand them and I can't find one for Verizon. Can someone help... Thanks... I rooted via saferoot and I am running 4.3 I did not unlock boot loader or flash. Warranty bit is at zero

Posted via Android Central App

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Download (aka Odin) mode is the configuration that you put the phone into if you're going to flash firmware using the tool called Odin (yeah, confusing) on your computer.

You can also flash the firmware using the Kies software on your PC. Just choose the second item in the Tools menu (Firmware upgrade and initialization) and follow the instructions (be sure to enter the model number in CAPS). Note that you need to be sure you have Kies v3.

If you want to use Odin to flash the firmware you can find it http://samsung-updates.com/details/27400/Galaxy_S_3_Verizon/SCH-I535/VZW/I535VRUCNC1.html

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
No need to unroot - you're just going to nuke the phone anyway. Just be sure to wipe the cache in Recovery mode (and Factory Reset for good measure) afterwards.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

PokeDroid

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
No need to unroot - you're just going to nuke the phone anyway. Just be sure to wipe the cache in Recovery mode (and Factory Reset for good measure) afterwards.

Ok so here is whats up! The KIES is at 0% for a while now. What should I do? I don't wanna brick my phone :O

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Kies is at 0% while it's downloading the file from the Internet, or it's already done that and it's downloading the firmware to the phone?

Perhaps you should just try Odin...

PokeDroid

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
Kies is at 0% while it's downloading the file from the Internet, or it's already done that and it's downloading the firmware to the phone?

Already download the software. I wanna sort of use kies though haha What should I do ?

PokeDroid

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site

Ok I redid with kies and it worked except the Samsung custom boot screen is still there. Warrenty bit is zero. Should I still send it in?