Rooting my Verizon S3 running 4.4.2

neil154

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I would like to root my Verizon S3 running 4.4.2 but the rooting instructions I have found either do not apply to my OS or the directions have broken links.

So I would appreciate it if you could provide me a link or directions to root my phone.

PS: What is also the advantage to unlocking the Bootloader?

shallow_1

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
I would like to root my Verizon S3 running 4.4.2 but the rooting instructions I have found either do not apply to my OS or the directions have broken links.

So I would appreciate it if you could provide me a link or directions to root my phone.

PS: What is also the advantage to unlocking the Bootloader?

If you're running stock firmware you can't unlock the bootloader me... But if you look up towelroot you can root

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

neil154

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Thanks, I searched for "towelroot" on this forum and it seems to get good results but I don't see any links on getting or instructions I would appreciate a link if you have one

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
https://towelroot.com/ (run this from your phone)
- click the lambda symbol
ebuvubyh.jpg
- download the apk
- install the apk
semy5e7u.jpg
- follow the instructions
4u4ypube.jpg
(Note that if you've installed the latest OTA from Verizon and your kernel is dated after June 3rd, this won't work.)

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

neil154

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the link but my OTA is dated after 6/3/14 so it will not work for me.

Does anyone have other suggestions on links for rooting

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Great! What method did you follow?
And what firmware build are you currently on?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

mrmlgoodwin

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
I tried opening towelroot on my phone with Chrome, and it just opened infinite new windows. Regular browser starts to open and then stops. What gives?

neil154

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I don't know exactly what you are doing but I was able to get Towelroot to open fine, are you clicking on the red upside down "Y"?

tim_wit

Jan 16, 2015
Visit site
GSDer & neil154

Thank you. That worked for me.
I had been putting this off for so long that it's time for a new phone!
At least now I can run Titanium Backup *Root*

Verizon S3 running 4.4.2

leviathan1157

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
i've tried towel root on chrome and it started opening random tabs but i heard it only works for the original s3 browser so i then disabled chrome and it said it reactivated the factory browser but i couldnt find any icon for it any advice on how to get the factory browser back?

DaVeNuE

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
Is it still possible to root a Verizon Galaxy S3 (SCH-1535) running 4.4.2; kernel version 3.4.0 the date says: Tue May 20 00:18:59 KST 2014 - If so, what would be the best method. Based on what I've read here on the forum, it seems Towel Root would be the way to go. I'm just not sure if it's too late for me to root. Thanks for any help!

sytech55

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Just used Towelroot and it rooted just fine with verizon, 4.4.2, kernel 3.4.0. Verified root using RootChecker and SuperSU apps.

Go for it.

Rolly 1

Jun 24, 2016
Visit site
Kingo Android Root app will help. I did it in my phone and it works well. we have same model.
Just go to google play store and search the app.
Hope it will help.
Thank you.