Verizon preorders start June 6

eRod v1.0

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Tempting. I have an upgrade on one of my lines in July. I'll have to wait and see what everyone says about it when it comes out.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

mikesmith

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
FINALLY!

Bye bye Droid X. You've been great.

I kind of want the blue but I don't want to have to wait x amount of weeks after the release date to get it.

But if I use a cover, does it really matter?

anon(77329)

Oct 27, 2010
Visit site
I love waking up to this information! I'm also leaving my Droid X and it couldn't come at a better time as the battery is on its last leg.

PJnc284

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
Tempting. Wonder how the development community will follow given Samsung's update (or lack of) track record.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Tempting. Wonder how the development community will follow given Samsung's update (or lack of) track record.

Well considering the Galaxy Nexus has arguably the best developers fully behind it, I wouldn't worry ;-)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

PJnc284

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
Galaxy Nexus is different since the developers didn't have to fix everything that Samsung broke with Touchwiz. Or at least that was the case with the Fascinate I had. Thanks to Adrynalyne and co for keeping me from chunking it off the tallest building I could find. Maybe the hooks aren't as deep in ICS though.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Galaxy Nexus is different since the developers didn't have to fix everything that Samsung broke with Touchwiz. Or at least that was the case with the Fascinate I had. Thanks to Adrynalyne and co for keeping me from chunking it off the tallest building I could find. Maybe the hooks aren't as deep in ICS though.

Ah I thought you were hinting at the Nexus' glacial update pace lol

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

tekhna

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
"Customers that purchase a Galaxy S III will need to subscribe to a 4G LTE mobile broadband data package starting at $30 monthly access for 2 GB of data."

So is that the end of unlimited data, or since they haven't announced the new pooled plans, can we keep our unlimited data?

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site

That is the key deciding factor for me when ever I'm looking at a new phone. I would assume that it will have a good following of the developers but we'll just have to wait and see.

tekhna

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
That is the key deciding factor for me when ever I'm looking at a new phone. I would assume that it will have a good following of the developers but we'll just have to wait and see.

I would assume it will too. The Nexus is 6 months old, which is about the time devs get a bit itchy for something new. And there's nothing else comparable on the horizon. It's gonna be the best phone on Verizon for a while, unless HTC has something up its sleeve.

PJnc284

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
I would assume it will too. The Nexus is 6 months old, which is about the time devs get a bit itchy for something new. And there's nothing else comparable on the horizon. It's gonna be the best phone on Verizon for a while, unless HTC has something up its sleeve.

Likely but Samsung has left a bad taste in developers' mouths at least for Touchwiz based devices. They do seem to be a little better about releasing source code in a somewhat timely manner so we'll see.

lpt2569

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site

The Fascinate actually has a very strong development community over at that other forum. My wife's Fascinate is running an AOKP ICS ROM that is pretty amazing. There are multiple ICS ROMS for the Fascinate that are all equally sweet, all for a device that was pretty much dismissed by many as a complete failure.

The GSIII will have plenty of support, officially and not-so-officially, I don't see that as an issue whatsoever.

tekhna

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Likely but Samsung has left a bad taste in developers' mouths at least for Touchwiz based devices. They do seem to be a little better about releasing source code in a somewhat timely manner so we'll see.

Yeah, but no locked bootloader, etc.. I'm guessing we'll see CM9 and MIUI in relatively short order (relatively being the keyword with the RIL...)

anon(77329)

Oct 27, 2010
Visit site
"Customers that purchase a Galaxy S III will need to subscribe to a 4G LTE mobile broadband data package starting at $30 monthly access for 2 GB of data."

So is that the end of unlimited data, or since they haven't announced the new pooled plans, can we keep our unlimited data?

I hope not. I'm assuming this is referring to new customers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34